Today’s recipe for Homemade Healthy Salted Caramel Popcorn is from one of my favorites, Erin from The Almond Eater! Erin has kindly agreed to be my first guest post on Fit Mitten Kitchen. As I start to get closer to our move back to Michigan, I need to take some blog breaks here and there. I’m so thankful Erin is here to help out and share a recipe with you all!
When I met up with Drew in Pittsburgh last weekend, I had the opportunity to meet Erin in person. It’s always so fun meeting blogging friends in real life… Since we’ve been doing our blogger roundups each month since December, Erin and I have had fairly regular communication, so it didn’t truly feel like we were meeting for the first time anyhow. The world wide web and technology is a funny thing!
Okay, without further ado, here’s Erin! >>>
Hi Fit Mitten Kitchen readers! How’s it going? Today I’m here to share my FAVORITE snack recipe: popcorn! The truth is, I like plain ole boring popcorn a whole lot, so I rarely post actual popcorn recipes. But, lucky for you that changes TODAY.
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (olive oil or sunflower oil are my favorite)
- For the caramel sauce: add all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil; once boiling, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Once caramel is done simmering, stir consistently for 5 additional minutes, allowing caramel to thicken. Pour caramel in a jar or cup and set aside.
- For the popcorn: Heat oil in a large skillet over stovetop and place 3 popcorn kernels in it; place lid over top of skillet.
- Once those kernels pop into popcorn, pour additional kernels into skillet, reduce heat to medium and shake skillet over top of burner; popcorn will begin to pop.
- Once all popcorn is popped, pour caramel sauce over top and stir everything together with a large spoon or spatula.
- Pour caramel popcorn into a a bowl and either A) eat immediately or B) allow time for the caramel to cool and harden. Enjoy!
-1/3 cup of popcorn kernels yields about 8 cups of popcorn, enough for 2 large servings.
- Category: snack
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 618
- Sugar: 55g
- Sodium: 314mg
- Fat: 41g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: Homemade Healthy Salted Caramel Popcorn, popcorn recipe, caramel popcorn recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know by tagging #thealmondeater on Instagram.