Lemon treats are so light and refreshing! We’ve got healthy lemon desserts & snacks from classics like lemon bars to lemon poppy seeds muffins and so much more. There are lots options to meet your dietary needs including recipes that are vegan, paleo, gluten-free & dairy-free.
WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS…. MAKE ALL THE (lemon) DESSERTS!
The SUN has been SHINING and it’s finally getting a little warmer. So you know what that means… ALL THINGS LEMON! Time for some fresh flavors to go with this beautiful weather.
If you love lemons (or know someone who does) this one’s for you!
What to Do With Extra Lemon
You know that feeling when when you get a bag of lemons and it’s just sitting on the counter wait for you to use them all up. Well, you can obviously use up a lot of those lemons in the recipes below and throwing a wedge or two in your water, but if you still have leftover lemons, here are some tips to save them for the next time you need lemons.
- Zest – Be sure to zest your lemons before juicing them, so you can freeze it to for future recipes. Lay the lemon zest flat on a on cookie sheet to freeze, then place it in a freezer safe contain to freezer.
- Juice – Using a juicer is a game changer when baking or cooking with lemons. If you have leftover lemons, juice them all and keep in fridge for up to 2 weeks. This way you have juice on hand whenever you need it.
- Freeze – slice, pat dry, freeze for up to 3 months and can be added to drinks.
Lemony Baked Goods
These are the best of the best! So many delicious lemon baked goods including tons of lemon poppy seed recipes as well. We’ve got scones, muffins, breads, and more.
These almond flour lemon poppy seed muffins are a delicious classic, they just happen to be made gluten free and with less sugar than the traditional muffin. Made with almond flour, lightly sweetened with maple syrup and bursting with lemon flavor. You will love these paleo friendly muffins!
More Lemon Goodies
- Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
- Almond Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Almond Flour Orange Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Whole Grain Vegan Lemon Scones
- Baked Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts
- Vegan Whole Wheat Lemon Pistachio Sweet Rolls
- Gluten Free Lemon Bread by The Toasted Pinenut
- Breakfast Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake by Orchids + Sweet Tea
- Lemon Yogurt Cake with Chia Seeds by Jessica Gavin
- Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread by The Toasted Pinenut
Lemon Cake + Cupcake Recipes
Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, having a spring brunch, or just want a delicious lemon cake because you can…we’ve got lots of delicious options for you! They’re simple to make and sure to make the lemon lovers in your life so happy.
This Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake is the perfect cake for gatherings. Made with a gluten-free baking flour and dairy-free friendly. If you are a lemon lover, you’ll love this cake.
More Easy Lemon Desserts Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bites by Orchids + Sweet Tea
- Meyer Lemon Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Glaze by Miss Allie’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Lemon Angel Food Cupcakes by Well Plated
- Lemon Olive Oil Cake by The Toasted Pinenut
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake by Well Plated
Healthier Lemon Bars
There is something classic about lemon bars. They seem difficult to make, but once you give it a try they a lot easier than you might expect. You know I love cheesecake so add lemon and cheesecake together and it’s a match made in heaven!
No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars – All The Healthy Things
These No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Ashlea at All the Healthy Things are made with fresh lemon juice, a delicious blueberry jam, and the best shortbread cookie crust. They’re naturally sweetened with maple syrup and dates, these bars are a healthier version of your favorite treat.
Healthy Lemon Cookie Recipes
All these lemon cookies look amazing! There is a flavor combination that is will definitely hit the spot.
Glazed Lemon Cookies by Ambitious Kitchen
These gorgeous lemon cookies from Monique at Ambitious Kitchen are soft in the middle with crispy edges, and are delicious topped with a lovely lemon glaze. Add poppyseeds to these homemade lemon cookies to easily make them lemon poppyseed cookies!
More Lemon Cookie Recipes
- Vegan Lavender Lemon Cookies by Emilie Eats
- Lemon Lime Macaroons by Feasting on Fruit
- Flourless Lemon Chia Cake Cookie by Hummusapien
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies by Making Thyme for Health
Let me know if you make any of these recipes by leaving a comment and letting me know your favorite recipess! Xx, Ashley