These vegan Grain-Free No-Bake Cookies are healthier take on a classic cookie, made with a mix of nuts and seeds for a gluten-free, paleo-friendly treat! Healthy fats, low sugar.
Oh oh it’s MAGIC… yoouuu knnoowwww.
Just me singing to start off today’s recipe with you. Hope you don’t mind. At least you can’t actually hear me, right? Trust me, it’s not pretty.
Anyways… nearing the end of November has got me thinking “Where in the world did this month go?” I can’t make sense of what day it is anymore, finding I have to constantly remind myself of which day it actually is on the calendar, not which day it feels like in my head. Working every day of the week will do that to you. I’m busier than I’ve been in… gosh, a long time. Maybe since college? I’m working on various projects at once… every day I’m hustlin’ (cue hamster dance moves). But I am certainly not complaining! I am thankful to be where I am in life, at this very moment. It is this perspective my friends, that keeps me going. I’m thankful for YOU my readers, thankful for friends and family who support me and give me the confidence to keep going with all that life throws at me. Every day is different and I am learning to embrace that, no matter how much my type A self tells me otherwise. 🙂
But on to these Grain-Free No Bake Cookies since that’s what you’re really here for, yeah?
What you need
- sliced almonds
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- shredded coconut
- natural nut/seed butter of choice
- brown rice syrup (honey for paleo)
- coconut oil
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
I was so pleasantly surprised when I was able to use my NutriBullet to grind down the nuts and seeds a little bit–versus busting out the beastly food processor. Which means for those of you that have a small blender/processor you can make these awesome grain-free cookies!
After you grind down the nuts and seeds, you then warm up the rest of the ingredients–nut butter, brown rice syrup/honey, coconut oil, vanilla, chocolate chips, cacao–on the stove in a medium saucepan. After those ingredients are combined well you then add your nut/seed meal, and stir until everything comes together.
All that’s left is to scoop your cookies and chill.
I used my medium cookie scoop to drop the mixture onto the baking sheet, but you can also use a tablespoon and round into balls then flatten.
This batch of no-bake cookies makes about 14 cookies, but you could also get roughly two dozen if you make the cookies closer to a tablespoon size.
The best thing about these cookies? They’re a satisfying, healthy dessert-like snack, loaded with good-for-you fats. Plus the cacao powder gives you a boost of antioxidants, which is definitely a good thing this time of year!
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds(pepitas)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup natural nut or seed butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (honey for paleo)
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small blender or food processor, pulse together all nuts and seeds until broken down into a coarse meal, being careful not to pulse too long–some seed and nuts can remain whole–set aside.
- In a medium-large sauce pan on low heat add nut/seed butter, brown rice syrup (or honey for paleo), coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir together for about 2 minutes until warm. Add in dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao powder, and the nut & seed meal. Use a spatula to combine all ingredients well.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, drop cookie mixture onto parchment paper, flattening slightly with the palm of your hand to create thick circle shape. Place baking sheet in freezer for 15 minutes, or in fridge for 30 and allow cookies to set.
- Store cookies in fridge, enjoy cold or at room temperature.
-Nutrition info approximate, based on 14 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/18th
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 17
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
Pin it for later
NOTE: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. By purchasing through said links I receive a small commission, but this does not affect the cost for you! Thank you so very much for supporting Fit Mitten Kitchen 🙂