Just five ingredients and 10 minutes to the most delicious little ball recipe, these Ginger Berry Energy Balls are bound to be your new favorite! Gluten-free, vegan and so flavorful! The perfect addition to your ball recipe collection. << you have one of those, right?
Balls balls balls, can’t get enough! These guys are seriously little bites of happiness. And just FIVE ingredients
WHAT YOU NEED:
- dried berry mix
- fresh ginger
The the hint of ginger, the berry flavors, the natural sweetness from the dates… toasted nuts. I am in lurve with these balls. IN LOVE. I’m about to hop on the ball band wagon hardcore and buy the entire bin of dates from the bulk section.
The process is super simple only takes 3 main steps
Grind down your nuts
Add in your pitted dates, dried berries, and fresh ginger
(plus a little water at the end for a smooth, thick consistency)
Roll into balls
I mean really… that is literally all there is to it.
The only ( I repeat, ONLY) potential downfall to this recipe, is that you need a food processor. Your average blender ain’t gonna cut it, lo siento. The nuts and dates need those heavy duty blades to grind everything up into little pieces. The one I listed below is a BEAST and I love her with all my heart. Yes, she is an investment… but that’s pretty much how it goes for well-made kitchen tools out there. *Ahem* Kitchenaid stand mixer… If you’re not ready for the beast that is my Breville, I’ve heard great things about the Ninja kitchen system.
Ginger Berry Energy Balls
Just five ingredients and 10 minutes to the most delicious little ball recipe, these Ginger Berry Energy Balls are bound to be your new favorite!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 balls 1x
- Category: snacks
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup toasted cashews
- 1 cup large medjool dates, soaked for 5 minutes/drained & pitted
- 1 cup dried mixed berries (I used pre-made blend of strawberries-blueberries-cranberries)
- 2” piece fresh ginger, skin peeled
- 2 TBS water
- In the bowl of your food processor, process nuts until a course meal, about 10-15 seconds.
- Remove lid from bowl and add pitted dates, mixed berries, and fresh ginger. Process again until ingredients are fully combined, roughly 15-20 seconds. Add in 1-2 TBS water for smoother consistency. Ball mixture will be thick, sticky, and slightly wet.
- Using a slightly rounded tablespoon, roll mixture into balls between the palm of your hands. You should get about 24 balls.
Store energy balls in airtight container in freezer. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 14
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Ginger Energy Balls, protein balls
TOOLS USED for this recipe
Like this recipe? Pin it for later
*making something from FMK? Tag me so I can have a looksee I LOVE seeing what you’ve made.
Facebook: Fit Mitten Kitchen
Pinterest: [Ashley] Fit Mitten Kitchen
NOTE: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Purchasing products listed through the links comes at no extra charge to you, but I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Fit Mitten Kitchen!