This easy mango smoothie is SO delicious. Made with banana, yogurt and coconut milk, too.Vegan friendly using your favorite plant based yogurt.
When the weather gets hot I find myself craving super simple, refreshing meals and this smoothie is just that. It’s the perfect healthy breakfast smoothie that keeps you full all morning long or is a quick snack in the afternoon heat.
There’s nothing that says summertime quite like a smoothie. It’s like it transports you to a tropical getaway and is so refreshing.
This mango smoothie is so thick and creamy, it reminds me of a delicious mango lassi. The coconut milk gives it an extra pop of tropical flavor. I’ve been known to even give it to my family for dinner this summer, just throw some spinach in and it’s practically a salad.
What’s in a Healthy Mango Smoothie?
Here’s what you need to make a healthy fruit smoothie that is so simple, you’ll be making it on repeat.
Main Smoothie Ingredients
- mango – Fresh or frozen mango works, but frozen is easier and makes for an extra cold and refreshing smoothie.
- frozen banana – Using a frozen banana cuts out the need for any sweeteners and helps keep the consistency thick.
- yogurt – If you’re vegan, use your favorite dairy-free option here. I would recommend using greek yogurt or skyr so you get a thick, creamy smoothie.
- coconut milk – This adds an extra pop of tropical flavor. My favorite is canned coconut milk for more taste, but you could use it from the carton or your favorite milk.
Optional Add Ins
- ginger – fresh ginger does the body all kinds of good and is great to add to any smoothie!
- turmeric – Turmeric is high in curcumin, which has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. I’m always looking to add these types of foods to my diet.
- quick oats – Sometimes I like to add rolled or quick oats into my smoothie for some whole grains and more fiber.
- protein powder – Choose your favorite. A vanilla flavored would be best here. Or something like plain collagen peptides if not vegan.
- spinach – Add a handful for a boost of greens. It will change your smoothie color but you can’t taste it.
Health Benefits of Mango
Mangos are packed with 20 different nutrients and antioxidants to help boost your immune system and keep you healthy. They contain lots of fiber, so it helps you stay full longer and aid in digestion. There are so many benefits mango can give you and they’re so simple to add to your diet. It’s a no brainer to add to your diet.
How to Make the Best Mango Smoothie
- First add all of your frozen ingredients to the blender.
- Then add the yogurt and milk.
- Turn the blender on high and blend until smooth! Depending on your blender, you may need to help work the fruit down into the bottom towards the blade.
If you want a thinner consistency, simply add more liquid.
Smoothie Making Tips
- Use frozen fruit. If you use fresh fruit, you’ll end up with the consistency of milk. You can also add ice, but then you’ll have an icy consistency.
- Add the milk a little at a time, until you achieve the consistency you’d like. Everyone has a personal preference for how thick or thin they like their smoothies. If you want more of a smoothie bowl, start with about half the liquid (per 1 serving).
- Invest in a good blender. I like my Ninja for single servings but also have a high powered blender for 2 or more servings.
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too!
- 1 3/4 cups diced frozen mango
- 1 small frozen banana, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup protein packed yogurt (i.e. skyr, greek or plant based)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I like canned for richer flavor)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- favorite protein powder
- Add all ingredients to blender (including optional add-ins as well).
- Blend on high until smooth, adding more liquid for thinner consistency if desired.
Cut recipe in half for one serving.