An easy and delicious combination for the banana bread and oatmeal lover. These Banana Bread Overnight Oats are the perfect meal prep recipe, and it’s vegan and gluten free friendly.
This post is sponsored in partnership with AlmondBreeze.com. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help Fit Mitten Kitchen bring you new recipes!
Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas
I like to think that Almond Breeze knew about my love of bananas and created this blended almondmilk just for me. Even my best friend responded to an Instagram story where I shared an image of the carton and said “Omg is this real life?? Did they make this FOR YOU?!”
She knows me too well.
Here are some of the details
- It’s made with real banana puree, so it doesn’t have any added sugar or artificial banana flavor.
- With half a banana in every serving, this new almondmilk is a good source of potassium.
- It has a thick and creamy texture, which can enhance the flavor and consistency of a smoothie drink.
I personally love it in a strawberry banana smoothie for more banana flavor, but also in this banana bread overnight oats recipe I’m sharing.
Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas is the perfect liquid base to use for overnight oats. By using this banana-sweetened almondmilk blend, we’re amping up the banana flavor and also reducing the amount of added sugar.
Banana Bread Overnight Oats
These banana bread overnight oats are the perfect meal prep breakfast or “desk breakfast” – something you can easily enjoy for breakfast at your desk once you get to work. This overnight oats recipe can be made gluten free (using certified gluten free oats) and vegan friendly as well.
Ingredients for Banana Overnight Oats
- Oats – They can be quick oats, rolled oats or steel cut. Personally I like steel cut best. Options in the recipe card.
- Bananas – You can go for an underripe banana, ripened or a medium spotty banana for this recipe. You don’t want “banana bread ready” bananas (i.e. black), but if you opt for a greener banana, you’ll up the prebiotic fiber
- Chia seeds – helps thicken the mixture without adding yogurt.
- Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas – Using this flavor of almondmilk adds a rich and creamy texture, as well as more banana flavor.
What are overnight oats?
In case you haven’t jumped on the overnight oats bandwagon yet, no worries.
Let me explain…
Overnight oats are simply a mix of oats and milk, often with additional ingredients added for flavor variation, that are mixed together and stored overnight in the refrigerator so you can then enjoy them in the morning.
You can actually enjoy overnight oats warm or cold!
Depending on the recipe, they don’t always need a full 8 hours.
How to make banana bread overnight oats
Making overnight oats is one of the easiest meal prep recipes to make. They’re so convenient and a great filling breakfast that can keep you satisfied for hours.
- Step 1: Mash bananas with fork and add to a 16oz (or larger) jar
- Step 2: Add oats, chia seeds and cinnamon.
- Step 3: Top with Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas and a splash of vanilla
- Step 4: Secure jar tightly with lid and shake until mixture is fully mixed
- Step 5: Place in fridge for specified time.
- Step 6:Enjoy!
So easy, right?!
Let me know if you try this recipe by leaving a comment and review on the blog! I love hearing from you and seeing what you’ve made. Xx Ashley
You’ll need at least a 16oz jar with a lid to store this overnight oats recipe.
- 1 medium banana, mashed with fork
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh fruit
- chopped nuts
- nut butter or seed butter
- Using at least a 16oz jar place all ingredients in jar, starting with mashed banana then adding oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, Almond Breeze Almondmilk Blended with Real Bananas and vanilla.
- Stir ingredients using large spoon or seal jar with tight lid and shake until mixed.
- Place jar in fridge overnight for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy straight from jar cold, or warm up in microwave safe bowl. Add toppings as desired.
To make with steel cut oats: Use 1/2 cup steel cut oats, increase almondmilk ratio to 1 1/4 cups, as well as use a larger jar. You’ll also need at least 4-5 hours of fridge time compared to using quick oats, as the steel cut oats take longer to soften.