Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts make for a great party appetizer or fun side dish for dinner at home. Serve with my favorite almond butter dressing as a dipping sauce! Paleo-friendly.
Alright… Where are my brussels sprouts lovers at?!? I guess I should ask about my bacon lovers too. Considering both “brussels sprouts” and “bacon” are in the title of the recipe I am thinking one should like both things, yes?
And if you don’t like bacon I can’t fully comprehend how you even go this far. Try these brussels sprouts recipes instead.
So brussels sprouts are definitely on a regular rotation here in the FMK household. I’ll eat them shredded, in a salad, roasted, sautéed, you name it.
Oh, back up… I will NOT eat them frozen then boiled. They taste pretty awful when prepared via boiling. I’m fairly certain that is why my parent’s generation likes to turn their nose up at brussels sprouts. I feel like they grew up boiling all of their veggies, leaving the veggies sad and mushy. Or am I making that up? I don’t know but it’s what I’ve heard.
Anyways, for how often we have brussels sprouts I think I’ve gotten Drew to tolerate them. Really he’ll pretty much eat anything I make so I have a hard time figuring out what he actually enjoys. I suppose lucky for me he isn’t picky and doesn’t complain much. But one thing is for certain, the man loves his meat.
I don’t blame him. I love me a good piece of bacon, too. Three years ago I probably would have felt bad for saying that – not wanting to “offend” the plant-based eaters and vegan-folk. But guys we have to get over that shit. Get over pleasing everyone. Get over stepping on people’s toes. We all enjoy different foods and live different lifestyles. I’m 100% an advocate for humane-certified meats (and obviously eating lots of plants) but let’s all just be open-minded and not so judgemental of one another, mmmk?
Now that that’s out of the way…
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
With almond butter dipping sauce. OH YES.
what you need
You’ll start with washed/dried/trimmed brussels sprouts. I cut most in half, even if they were medium size – this helps them stay in the wrapped bacon.
Lay out all the bacon and cut in half.
Place the brussels spouts on each half of bacon strip, cut side up and roll bacon around brussels sprouts.
Bake the bacon wrapped brussels sprouts at 400ºF for about 35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
And that is it my friends!
Super fun appetizer or just great little side dish for dinner in 🙂
Let me know if you try!
- 1lb bacon*; about 10 long strips
- 1lb brussels sprouts; washed, dried and trimmed
- salt & pepper
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar (optional but I like the extra flavor!)
- balsamic almond butter dressing
- Preheat oven to 400ºF .
- Lay out bacon strips on cutting board and cut in half; place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half, lengthwise. Next place brussels sprouts cut side up, then wrap bacon around brussels sprouts placing seam side down on baking sheet.
- Brush balsamic vinegar on top of bacon.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking time.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic almond butter dressing for dipping.
- Allow bacon wrapped brussels sprouts to cool on pan before transferring to serving tray with dip. Enjoy!
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!
Tag @fitmittenkitchen and hashtag #fitmittenkitchen