Almond Butter Cookie S’mores Cups! You won’t believe this s’mores cookie recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and can even be made paleo-friendly! You must make these fun little treats.
This post was originally published June 2016. Post has been updated with more notes – recipe the same!
S’mores lovers unite!
S’mores are the quintessential summertime dessert. You can’t beat a classic s’more around the campfire but it’s fun to get a little creative and incorporate s’mores flavors into other desserts too.
Enter: S’mores Cookie Cups!
These paleo cookies are made with almond butter, flourless, grain-free/gluten-free, no oil or butter needed!
A fun bite-sized healthier treat.
How to Make Homemade Marshmallow Fluff
Making your own marshmallow fluff may seem silly or daunting to some… but it is actually very easy and rather inexpensive!
I used this recipe as my go-to. The basic steps are:
- Make simple syrup by cooking sugar, water and salt over medium heat. Add in vanilla and cool slightly; set aside.
- Add egg whites into mixing bowl, and use whisk attachment to beat the eggs on low speed until foamy.
- Start to increase the speed until you see soft peaks form, then very slowly add in the syrup.
- Now it’s time to increase the speed to medium high and beat for about 5 minutes, until the fluff has doubled in size.
This version is not paleo but if you’re looking for a paleo friendly recipe, try this.
Almond Butter Cookie S’mores Cups
Making the almond butter cookies couldn’t be easier and require just a few ingredients and a mini muffin pan.
The cookies act as the graham cracker base for this s’mores cookie recipe.
Almond Butter Cookies Ingredients
- almond butter
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
The cookies will puff up a bit in the mini muffin pan, but once cooled for a couple minutes they’ll fall slightly and then you just make a little indent with the back of teaspoon for filling the cups.
Assemble the S’mores Cups
Once the cookies have cooled, you can start making the s’mores cookie cups!
Spoon in Marshmallow Fluff
Drizzle with Melted Chocolate
There is something about making little desserts that I love. It’s kind of therapeutic you know? The repetition and time it takes to make each little cup.
They’re kind of little masterpieces, yes?
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Almond Butter Cookie S’mores Cups
Almond Butter Cookie S’mores Cups! You won’t believe these are gluten-free, dairy-free, and can even be made paleo-friendly! You must make these little treats, seriously.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 27 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3/4 almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- I used this recipe and cut in half. See notes for paleo version
- 1/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (about 2oz chopped)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg on medium speed. Add in almond butter, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda. Mix together on medium speed until fully combined. Mixture will feel thick and sticky.
- Scoop 1/2 tablespoon of dough into well greased mini muffin pan and press down gently to fill the cavity. You should be able to fill all 24 cups. Bake for 6-7 minutes. Dough will puff up slightly when baking. Remove pan from oven and using back of teaspoon, create indents into the cookie cups. Allow cups to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.
- Meanwhile, make the marshmallow fluff and melt chocolate using stovetop method or microwave.
- Transfer cooled cookie cups to baking sheet. Using small spoon, fill cookie cups with marshmallow fluff (you will likely have to use your finger to scoop the fluff into the cookie cups). Next cover in melted chocolate, about 1/2 tsp or so. Drizzle or cover the fluff completely. Allow chocolate to set at room temperature, or place in fridge for 5-10 minutes. These little cookie s’mores cups are now ready to go!
For paleo-friendly marshmallow fluff, you could make this recipe through step 5 (just use the cream and don’t put in pan), but I have not tested this exact version myself.
You will likely have leftover marshmallow fluff. You could make a double batch of these cookies, or store in fridge up to two weeks.
Cookies may be stored at room temperature up to 3 days fresh, or in fridge up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 64
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 39mg
Keywords: s’mores dessert, s’mores cookies, almond butter cookies