These 1-pan roasted vegetables are lightly seasoned and tossed in a creamy marinated goat cheese. The combo makes for one AMAZING, flavorful side dish. Seriously the best way to eat roasted vegetable from now on.
Holy moly we are in the middle of November, folks! Like… 2016 is almost over. This is especially crazy to me since the first half of this year I was still living in Pennsylvania. At this moment while I write, I’m sitting at my kitchen table, and I can’t help but keep looking out at the red-orange leaves on this one tree outside the window. It’s a constant reminder of just how gorgeous Michigan is in the fall. These past couple of weeks I’ve just been trying to take it all in. I am not sure if I am being more observant this year–being my first fall back in Michigan in four years–or if the colors just weren’t as magnificent in Pennsylvania… It’s just different I guess. I still miss the mountains and rolling hills in PA. And every so often while I am driving back home from the gym, I think “Oh yeah, I am in Michigan…” It’s just strange. Maybe some of you that have moved away from home and come back can relate 🙂
Anyways, I have something savory and delicious to share with you guys today. You all know how much I love my veggies–you do, right? I mean I know I’ve got loads of snacks and baked goods on here but I am also a veggie fiend– especially when they’re roasted.
But I may have just discovered my new favorite way to enjoy roasted vegetables:
ADD CREAMY GOAT CHEESE.
Seriously how have I not done this before?
But we’re not adding just any goat cheese… we’re adding Smoked Sea Salt & Rosemary CHEVOO. If you’re not familiar with CHEVOO, they are a small family-owned company that specializes in marinated goat cheese. This stuff is the REAL DEAL. It is legitimately the creamiest and adds so much wonderful flavor to your (otherwise potentially boring) pan of roasted vegetables. If you’re someone who is usually like “blah roasted vegetables…” I am betting adding this marinated goat cheese will help!
what you need
- brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- CHEVOO Smoked Sea Salt & Rosemary
This side dish doesn’t take long. It’s just cutting your veggies (could be easily prepped the night or two before!) tossing them in the oil and seasonings, then roasting up all of those colorful gems until golden and lightly crisp on the edges.
The magic happens after you add in some creamy CHEVOO though. Woah flavors, woah creamy goodness.
I did not expect myself to
want eat half of this (giant) plate you guys… But man oh man it is so good! I couldn’t stop myself. I think you’re going to want to add this creamy goat cheese to all of your roasted vegetables from now on, yes?
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped baby red potatoes (about 4 small)
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 jar Smoked Sea Salt & Rosemary CHEVOO
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On large rimmed baking sheet toss together halved brussels sprouts, chopped carrots, chopped red potatoes, and chopped red onion. Drizzle on olive oil and seasonings, then toss again to coat the vegetables in the oil and seasonings. Roast vegetables for about 30-40 minutes, giving them a stir halfway through the baking time.
- Once vegetables are done, spoon out about 6-7 cubes of the Smoked Sea Salt & Rosemary, drizzle on about a tablespoon or so of the EVOO from the jar, and toss together.
- Transfer creamy roasted vegetables to serving dish, enjoy!
- Have you ever moved away for a little while, come back home and just get these “weird” feelings? I don’t know what to call them other than “weird”. It’s just a strange sense…
- Have you added creamy goat cheese to your roasted veggies before?