A Paleo Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie! Using almond butter, and almond flour for a grain-free treat. Dive into this delicious skillet cookie with your favorite people this holiday season.
Man are you guys in for a treat today! I don’t typically post recipes on Sunday, but today is special. I am teaming up with three other bloggers to share some delicious desserts using GINGER. I mean, if I HAD to pick one spice as a favorite… ginger all the way.
So when I got the invite to join in on this special little roundup with ginger as the star ingredient, I immediately jumped at the opportunity. Not to mention, these bloggers I have teamed up with are Canadian! Which… okay if you don’t read my blog regularly you might be like “Uh, cool?” BUT if you’ve been following me for a while you should already know that I basically consider myself part Canadian anyways. So now I feel all special and official 😀 (Thanks ladies 😉 )
Delicious Ginger Dessert Recipes!
No-Bake Gingerbread & Caramel Bliss Balls – The Dish On Healthy
Gingerbread Apple Loaf – The Nutritious Princess
So what dessert do I have for you all today?
A Paleo Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
If you like gingerbread, you MUST try this seasonal skillet cookie! It’s the perfect dessert for two… or four if you’ve got a little family and feeling generous! 🙂 Plus gingerbread AND chocolate? Yes.
This little skillet cookie is kind of like my other skillet cookie desserts, baked in a small 6” cast iron skillet. But this time I went grain-free and used blanched almond flour. I haven’t baked a whole lot with blanched almond flour yet, but I was pleasantly surprised with the very cookie-like texture after digging in.
Also, just so I can give you the whole picture here when I make these skillet cookies… I am 100% diving in between each shot taken… #noshame #lunch #foodblogger #ilovemyjob Oh my gosh why am I hashtagging right now. Stopping.
Oh oh! How could I forget?! I am using GINGER EXTRACT in this gingerbread skillet cookie! I know, crazy. My Pal sent me this amazing extract for my birthday last week. I literally gasped when I opened the package. (The red holiday towel you see too–obsessed.) She got the extract at the Urban Craft Uprising in Seattle a few weeks ago from Ballard Extracts. So fun, right!? Has anyone else been there? Or another awesome craft fair? I remember there was this really awesome one in Sydney I went to while I was there studying abroad for school. I love shopping for gifts at places like those. I feel like you can always come out with a great find that is extra special and unique.
But as far as this skillet cookie goes…
You know the drill. Top with your favorite ice cream and dig right in!
- 3 TBS natural almond butter (or seed better)
- 1 TBS oil (avocado, coconut, etc)
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 TBS molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp ginger extract (or almond, vanilla)
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup total dairy-free chocolate chips (mix of mini, regular morsels, chunks, pick your favorite!)
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a mini 6" cast iron skillet with butter or oil, set aside.
- In a medium bowl using fork or whisk, combine almond butter, oil and sugar. Add in molasses, egg, and extract until evenly combined.
- Toss in almond flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir together until there are no lumps in batter. Batter will not be like traditional cookie dough, it will be thick and sticky. Fold in chocolate chips, then pour batter into grease skillet.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, until edges are slightly browned and have risen.
- Allow skillet cookie to cool for 5-10 minutes, before enjoying with your favorite scoop of ice cream or whipped coconut cream.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!
Tag @fitmittenkitchen and hashtag #fitmittenkitchen
- What is your favorite way to enjoy ginger?
NOTE: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. By purchasing through said links I will receive a small commission, but this comes at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Fit Mitten Kitchen!