These Whole Grain Greek Yogurt Pancakes are thick, fluffy, and just what you need for your next weekend breakfast. This healthy pancake recipe is the perfect base for any toppings or mix-ins and freezes really well! Make a big batch and have pancakes throughout the week.
Hello from CANADA.
As you read this, I am starting to get settled into my family’s annual camping vacation. Yes, in Canada. My family has been camping on the Georgian Bay in Ontario for… well basically my entire life. Long story short, but my mom’s dad used to travel by boat from Port Huron, MI up around the Georgian Bay, as he actually spent some of his summers there growing up. When I was younger, I didn’t realize there was a true family connection to the Georgian Bay, I just thought of it as “we’re going camping in Canada.”
As I got older and my aunts shared family stories with us, I realized the Georgian Bay was so much more than a camping spot. There is history there passed down from generation to generation. The memories created. The friendships we’ve made. It is a second home. Our “Oasis in the North”, we like to say. Every summer there is this intrinsic drive that pulls me north to the Georgian Bay. I crave those views of the windswept pines and the granite bedrock.
It is a time to do nothing but enjoy the company of family and friends. Sit on the beach. Go for walks. Get out in the water. Kayak. Sit around the campfire. Enjoy waking up whenever you want. And making a large batch of whole wheat greek yogurt pancakes!
All the pancakes. Every morning as you please.
Whole Grain Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
If you’re a familiar face around here, you know I love baking and cooking with Greek yogurt. For me, it’s just a great way to kick up the protein level a notch and often a healthier alternative. But that’s just me!
These Whole Grain Greek Yogurt Pancakes are thick, fluffy and all kinds of deliciousness. They also freeze really well. So you can make a big batch, freeze some up, and pop them in the toaster for easy, ready-to-go pancakes.
Ingredients for Healthy Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- milk of choice
- plain Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
- whole wheat pastry flour (can sub whole wheat white)
- baking powder
- baking soda
See?! Really simple, mostly pantry staple ingredients for these Greek yogurt pancakes.
Whole Grain Greek Yogurt Pancakes Toppings
I like a little fruit and granola with my pancakes for a little crunch. Sometimes, I even swap out the maple syrup for melted nut or coconut butter drizzle. Also quite delicious.
Mix-Ins for Fluffy Pancakes with Greek Yogurt
This Greek yogurt pancake recipe is a great base for your morning breakfast. But if you’re looking for a little variety, mix-ins definitely take this recipe over the top! Add in 1/2 cup:
How to Store Greek Yogurt Pancakes
The best part about these light and fluffy pancakes is that they freeze really well! So you can make a big batch at the beginning of the week and have a grab-and-go breakfast at the ready.
To freeze this greek yogurt pancake recipe, once all your pancakes are cooked and cooled, place them in a large plastic freezer storage bag (or two), with small pieces of parchment paper between each piece. The whole wheat pancakes with greek yogurt will freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Whole Grain Greek Yogurt Pancakes
To reheat, place them in the toaster until warmed through. For a faster option, microwave the pancakes on HIGH for about 1-2 minutes. They will be hottt!
More Pancakes Recipes You’ll Love:
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review on the blog! I love hearing from you, and it helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx Ashley
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 TBS vinegar (I used ACV but white works)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (whole milk, 2% or 0% all work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (can sub whole wheat white – will turn out *slightly* more dense)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- addtional toppings such as fresh fruit, granola, nut butter, etc.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and vinegar. Add in Greek yogurt and vanilla extract, whisking to combine.
2. Add in flour, sprinkle in baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until no lumps in batter remain. Let batter sit for 3-4 minutes.
3. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Grease with butter or ghee for best flavor.
4. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter, then spoon onto greased & heated skillet. Don’t overcrowd the pan–make sure you leave enough room for flipping.
5. Cook on one side until bubbles start to form on edges, about 2-3 minutes, before flipping to other side to cook for another 2 minutes or so. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep pancakes in warmed oven (200 degrees) before serving.
6. Add favorite toppings, enjoy!
You can substitute whole wheat white flour, just note the pancakes will come out slightly more dense.
- Do you have an annual family vacation you go on?
- Do you travel to the same spot every year, or find somewhere new?
- PANCAKES: Plain? Chocolate Chip? Blueberry? Other?