This Greek Power Bowl is perfect for any kind of meal and super satisfying thanks to plant protein. Plus there is a simple dairy-free, vegan tzatziki dressing you must add to this bowl.
This post is sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free in honor of the 21-Day Dairy-free Challenge, and the Dairy-Free Menu Plan event hosted by Go Dairy Free
I must say… Writing this post from sunny Arizona in the middle of a cold Michigan winter feels pretty amazing. Drew and I took the past few days this week to travel out to the Phoenix area to visit family. We haven’t done much traveling during the winter months but this trip is making me want to start doing it more often. It feels so nice to be able to break up the winter with a little bit of sunshine and warmth. If you live in the Midwest or the East Coast where you typically get hammered with cold winters, you know what I mean!
One of the places I reealllyyy want to visit at some point is the Mediterranean. Has anyone ever been? For whatever reason I just have it set in my mind I NEED to get there. More specifically: Greece. A high school classmate of mine studied abroad there and I remember seeing pictures of this stunning blue water and just fell in love. I’ve also been told by both an old coworker as well as a good friend that it is one of the most beautiful places they have ever been.
Traveling anywhere gives me the travel bug, you know? I mean, here I am in Arizona and I am thinking about going to Greece now.
Anyways, I suppose we have these Vegan Greek Power Bowls for now… Maybe… Okay, it’s obviously not the same but I love Greek food so let’s just go with it.
We also have an easy vegan tzatziki recipe using So Delicious Dairy Free coconut milk yogurt for a dairy-free alternative. I LOVE tzatziki sauce, however I understand if you’re vegan or dairy-free, the traditional recipe is not ideal–so the coconut milk yogurt from So Delicious is the perfect alternative to use to make this tzatziki sauce.
The tzatziki recipe is really simple too!
what you need
- coconut milk yogurt
- diced cucumber
- lemon juice
The dressing can just be mixed together in a bowl or quickly blended up in a small blender. It’s the easiest thing!
The Greek Power Bowl can be easily customized but I went with quinoa, kale, chickpeas, cucumbers, banana peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
If you’re wondering where the olives are for this Mediterranean-inspired meal, you won’t find any here… but that is only because I’m personally not a fan. However, like any power bowl, they’re super customizable so if you want olives on your Greek power bowl then go for it 😉
You can also add your choice of lean protein if you’re a meat-eater. The possibilities are endless!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp greek seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 14oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups kale or spinach
- 1 medium banana pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Dairy-Free Tzatziki Dressing:
- 1 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS freshly chopped dill, or 1/2 TBS dried dill
- 1 garlic clove, or 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber, peeled and seeded
- COOK QUINOA: Place rinsed quinoa in small pot with 1 cup of water. Allow pot to come to a boil, add in greek seasoning and salt. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until quinoa is tender and water has mostly gone.
- MAKE DRESSING: In small food processor or blender, blend together all ingredients except for diced cucumber. Once ingredients are combined, stir in diced cucumbers with spoon. (If using already minced garlic you can just whisk together ingredients by hand.)
- ASSEMBLE BOWLS: In medium bowls evenly distribute quinoa, sliced cucumber, chickpeas, kale or spinach, cherry tomatoes, then drizzle with tzatziki dressing. Recipe serves 2-3 depending on how you distribute ingredients. Feel free to sub your favorite mix of veggies–enjoy!
Store any leftover quinoa, chickpeas or veggies in fridge up to 3 days. Bowls can be assembled 1-2 days beforehand for easy prepped lunch.
Ingredients can be easily substituted so feel free to add in your favorites!
- Serving Size: 1/3rd
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 0mg