It’s time to bust out your food processor! All you need is 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to make these Tropical Coconut Energy Balls. Vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly!
And then balls happened and I fell in love all over again.
And then I made a cake in it and I kind of felt like I was cheating on my Kitchenaid mixer, ya know? I am hoping she understands. It’s not you, it’s me… Except, it’s totally her. She can’t grind up nuts and dates like my good ole food processor can. Don’t worry girl, you’re still my go-to for cookies. Not to mention you’re a hell of a lot safer to clean. And you don’t tear up spatulas and cause me to yell in frustration…
Okay, I’m going to stop talking to my Kitchenaid mixer now and start talking to you all again…
Apparently it’s one of those days I am just going to act like a complete lunatic. At this point I’m hoping you’re either entertained, or you’ve skipped down to the recipe already.
If you’re looking for an easy, grab-n-go, flavorful, STUPENDOUS ball recipe that puts you on a tropical beach somewhere, look no further. Use your imagination and these Tropical Coconut Energy Balls will do just that 😉 Actually, at this time last year, I was just getting back from my brother’s wedding in the Virgin Islands. One of the most amazing times of my life, without a doubt. Those beaches are just beyond beautiful. *sigh*
Alright, let’s chat about these balls! They’re chewy, fruity, not overly sweet and the perfect little bite-sized snack.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- macadamia nuts
- diced tropical fruit
YES, you read that right, just FIVE ingredients stand between you and these fruity little Tropical Coconut Energy Balls.
If you haven’t made snack balls like this before, let me tell you… SO. FREAKING. EASY.
First you’ll grind down your nuts. Then add/process your dates, fruit and coconut. Add a little bit of water to get at sticky consistency and process again. Then all that’s left is to roll into balls and cover in coconut! SO EASYYY.
If you’ve got a food processor, you must start making energy balls like this! They are seriously one of the best snacks to have on hand, and they’ll keep in your freezer for months. But realistically they won’t last that long and you’ll just have to make more 😀
- Place 1/3 cup shredded coconut in small bowl, set aside later for rolling.
- In the bowl of your food processor, process nuts until a course meal, about 10-15 seconds.
- Remove lid from bowl and add pitted dates, diced tropical fruit mix, and shredded coconut. Process again until ingredients are fully combined, roughly 15-20 seconds. Add in 1-2 TBS water for smoother consistency. Ball mixture will be thick, sticky, and slightly wet.
- Using a slightly rounded tablespoon, roll mixture into balls between the palm of your hands. Roll into bowl of shredded coconut until fully coated. You should get about 24 balls.
Store energy balls in airtight container in freezer. Enjoy!
-I used raw nuts and toasted them myself at 300F for 15 minutes.
- Category: snacks
TOOLS USED for this recipe
So I must know:
- Food processor vs Kitchenaid mixer? Which one do you use more and for what/why?