Never enough energy balls, am I right? These Mango Vanilla Bean Protein Energy Balls are paleo, Whole30 and vegan-friendly. They make the perfect workout snack!
This post is sponsored by my partnership with Vital Proteins. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. I only work with brands who I trust, use and can recommend personally. Thank you for your support! You help make Fit Mitten Kitchen possible!
Collagen Peptides in Energy Balls
Vital Proteins has this super great, new collagen peptides flavor out that I cannot get enough of. It is called “Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Peptides” and it uses coconut water and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Powder and it is SO GOOD you guys. If you were on the fence about the traditional collagen peptides, you must try the vanilla one. I put it in everything from my coffee to my Sweet Potato Protein Breakfast Bowls.
Mango Vanilla Bean Protein Energy Balls
- Dried, unsweetened mango
- Medjool dates
- Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Peptides
Um, yes. You’re seeing that right. Just FOUR ingredients is all you need. Okay, well if you want to add a vanilla bean then it comes to five… And then there is the optional step of rolling energy balls into hemp hearts or shredded coconut…
But again, optional. The above four ingredients are what you need to make the magic happen.
Seriously food processors never cease to amaze me… Maybe it’s because I didn’t grow up with one. I’m just always so happy when I bust out my food processor for various tasks. i.e. scones, cakes, nut butter… It is right up there with my KitchenAid mixer as far as favorite kitchen appliances go…
Okay, getting off track. FOCUS, Ashley.
These Mango Vanilla Protein Energy Balls are so freaking good, peeps. They’re soft and dense like a Larabar, and come with a boost of protein thanks to the collagen peptides. I got about 30 energy balls and each ball comes out to about 83 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of protein. You could probably add in another scoop or two of peptides if you’re looking for more protein, but may need to add a couple more medjool dates to compensate for the extra bit of dry ingredients.
Oh, and if you’re looking for a vegan-friendly option, you can just leave out the peptides 🙂 That is how these ones are made.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 10 pitted medjool dates (about 1 cup)
- 5oz dried unsweetened mango (about 1 cup)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
- 3 scoops (75g) Vanilla & Coconut Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1–2 TBS water
- hemp hearts
- unsweetened desiccated coconut (finely shredded)
- Preheat oven to 325F and place raw cashews on baking sheet. Toast cashews for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Allow toasted cashews to cool on pan for 10 minutes. Toasting is optional but it brings out more flavor.
- In a medium sized bowl cover pitted dates and unsweetened mango slices with warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes to soften mango and dates. Then drain.
- In the bowl of your food processor add cooled toasted cashews. Process cashews until they’re in tiny pieces, almost to meal texture. Next add in drained pitted dates and mango slices, process until broken down into chunks.
- Add in vanilla bean and vanilla & coconut collagen peptides, process again until fully mixed. At this point if your mixture is having a hard time coming together, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Try to avoid adding too much water or your mixture will be very sticky.
- Remove S blade from bowl of processor. Using tablespoon, scoop mixture and roll into balls between the palms of your hand. Place on baking sheet and continue this process. You should have about 30 energy balls. You can either roll energy balls in hemp hearts, shredded coconut, or leave as is.
- Store bars in airtight container in fridge up to two weeks, or freezer up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Nutrition approximate, based on 1 out of 30 energy balls.
- Serving Size: 1/30
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0mg
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing products listed through the links comes at no extra charge to you, but I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Fit Mitten Kitchen!