Naan pizza! The perfect weeknight dinner. This Tandoori Tuna Naan Pizza is quick and easy, ready in less than 20 minutes.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Safe Catch. All opinions expressed, as always, are my own. Thank you for your continued support as I partner with brands I trust and hope you’ll find valuable. These partnerships help make Fit Mitten Kitchen possible.
I kid… But actually if you haven’t made pizza with naan bread yet, you are seriously missing out.
Naan reminds me of when I studied abroad in Sydney and was surrounded by so many types of different cultural cuisines, I really had no idea what to do. I was still getting over my picky ways of eating, so trying different types of foods from different countries was still rather new to me. But there was this little kebab place across the street from my friend’s flat and more often than not, I would go home on the bus with my naan bread in hand. That naan was the best.
Anyways, we’re not here to just talk about the naan bread that makes this naan pizza, but also what we’re putting on said pizza: Tandoori Tuna from Safe Catch.
OH man you guys. Have you tried this yet?! I’ve shared a couple of other recipes on the blog (here and here) using the Safe Catch Elite Seasoned Tuna and I love how easy the flavors are to incorporate into your meals. You pretty much just pop open the can and it’s ready. I love all of the flavors for different reasons, but the tandoori one might be a favorite. The only other ingredients used in the tandoori flavor besides their elite tuna is avocado oil, coriander, cumin, black pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne and paprika. And it is so flavorful!
I often use the seasoned tuna in wraps, on salad, or the occasional tuna cake… But for the sake of getting creative and making a fun and easy dinner meal that is sure to please, naan pizza is where it’s at!
How to make homemade Tandoori Tuna Naan Pizza
This can be made in less than 20 minutes, making it an ideal weeknight dinner.
- Tandoori Tuna from Safe Catch
- naan bread
- tandoori paste
- red onion
- yellow bell pepper
- harvati cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- cilantro for garnish
Side note: I can’t believe I just listed “ketchup” in the ingredient list… I actually don’t care for ketchup at all. Never have! But I was out of tomato paste, and didn’t want to open up any tomato sauce… So ketchup was the next best thing.
So the prep for this pizza is really simple, especially if using store-bought naan. You just need to chop your veggies, shred your cheese, open up the can of tuna and start assembling!
Pop those naan pizzas in the oven for 10 minutes and you are good. to. GO.
This Tandoori Tuna Naan Pizza is also Mr. FMK approved. Can I get a HOLLA.
- 5oz can Safe Catch Elite Seasoned Tuna
- 1/2 TBS tandoori paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup** (or tomato paste, or tomato sauce)
- 2 rounds naan bread
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- handful fresh cilantro, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded harvati
- Open up can of Safe Catch. Empty into bowl (with the juices) and mix together with fork. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together tandoori paste and ketchup (or tomato sauce).
- Lay out naan bread on baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute tandoori sauce on naan bread, and layer on bell peppers and onion.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 of the tuna on each naan, then top with cheese before adding on more tuna. I only used about 1/2 of the can, but feel free to use the whole can if you’d like.
- Place baking sheet with naan pizzas in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is fully melted and crust is slightly crisped.
- Remove pan from oven and allow pizzas to rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
*I used ketchup because solely because I didn’t have any tomato sauce or pizza sauce on hand. Feel free to use tomato paste or tomato sauce if you wish.
- Serving Size: 1/4th
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 579mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 23mg