Make this layered Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding Parfait for a fun breakfast or healthy dessert. Using greek yogurt, chia seeds, and your favorite granola. Gluten-free friendly.
This recipe first appeared on Instagram in partnership with Chobani.
I honestly cannot believe the weather we’ve been having lately! I’m not sure where you’re at, but here in Michigan it has been around 60F and actually SUNNY. It might as well be May! I’ve actually been getting outside for walks and it has made me realize how much I have missed them these past few months. Not that I mind getting outside in the cold. But when it is both cold AND gray outside, that motivation to enjoy the outdoors disappears faster than I’d like.
It’s funny how some people love the sunshine and warm weather and others prefer the winter season, or cooler temperatures. When we were in Arizona a few weeks ago I was LOVING the sunshine and heat. But on our second day there it was overcast. Our family that we stayed with told us it was the first cloudy day they had had in a while. They mentioned how nice it is to have those overcast days because it is typically so hot and sunny all the time. Sometimes with the sunshine it feels like you should be getting outside all of the time, and taking advantage of the nice weather. But then with the overcast and dreary days, it’s like an excuse to just chill out–which I totally get. I suppose our conversation made me realize how nice it is to live in an all-seasons state. Yes, the winters here in Michigan (and the Midwest, Northeast) can be a real pain in the ass. Scraping off inches of snow to find a layer of ice underneath is by no means fun. But then Spring rolls around and before you know it Summer is here and everything comes to life again. I am just one of those people that thrives on the sunshine. I love the blue skies, the warmth, everything.
I guess I am just saying it’s nice to recognize what you have, in all aspects. And when the time comes for it (whatever “it” may be) to come back into your life, appreciate it to it’s full extent. 🙂
I also truly appreciate pretty foods. And strawberries. And bananas… and anything that combines the two.
So I made these layered chia seed pudding parfaits for Chobani over on Instagram a few weeks ago and thought I’d share for you folks here too!
What you need
- 1 5.3oz container strawberry greek yogurt
- 1 5.3oz container banana yogurt
- chia seeds
While this chia seed pudding parfait looks all fancy, it is quite simple–which has a lot to do with why I love it.
Sometimes when you take that little bit of extra time to prepare your food and make it look pretty, it can be more enjoyable. And these pudding parfaits are a great example of that. Whether you’re making them as a healthy dessert, or you want a fun dish to serve at brunch, these chia seed pudding parfaits are perfect.
- 5.3oz container strawberry greek yogurt
- 5.3oz container banana greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, divided (I used white here)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, divided (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced bananas
- Your favorite granola
- Glasses such as parfait glasses, wine glasses, mason jars, etc.
- Transfer the container of strawberry greek yogurt to a medium bowl or jar. Add 2 TBS chia seeds and 1/4 cup milk. Stir together. then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- In another medium bowl repeat process using banana greek yogurt and combine with the remaining 2TBS chia seeds and 1/4 cup milk. Stir together, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When the chia seed pudding mixtures have thickened, start making your parfaits in glass of choice: Layer in granola, strawberry pudding, fresh strawberries, granola. Then layer in the banana pudding, banana slices, and top with more granola. Repeat this process in the remaining glasses. Recipe can be made in mini glasses for a fun dessert, or 8oz jars for a filling breakfast. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 with granola
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 41mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- What is your favorite kind of weather? Sunny skies or cloudy overcast?
This recipe first appeared on Instagram in partnership with Chobani. This post is not sponsored or endorsed by Chobani. All opinions expressed, as always, are my own.