This Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bowl is filled with nutrient-dense foods and will keep you full for hours. Serve with Dr. Praeger’s Root Veggie Hash Browns for a seriously satisfying meal. Even great for dinner too! Gluten-free.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Dr. Praeger’s. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.
Three things that are making me happy right now:
- My new custom made dining table (more on that at a later date).
- Long summer days.
- Hearty breakfast bowls that keep me full for HOURS.
I’m thinking back to those office mornings where I used to be in a routine of:
- Small breakfast on my way to work at 7:00am.
- Second breakfast snack around 9:30am.
- Lunch about 12:30pm.
- Second snack 3:30pm.
- Dinner around 6:30pm.
- STILL HUNGRY AT NIGHT.
Gosh that is a lot of food and meals to think about.
I wish I would have considered eating meals that actually sustained me for longer than just two-three hours. I thought about food a LOT because I always felt likeI was hungry; in hindsight I realize I wasn’t eating enough.
I wish I would have asked myself “I wonder what it would be like to eat until I was full?”
Can you relate?
And I also wish I would have considered eating something like this big breakfast bowl back then.
Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bowl
This has got it going ON.
We’re talking good carbs, healthy fats, fiber from veggies and delicious root veggie hash browns from Dr. Praeger’s to take this breakfast bowl up a notch. The root veggie hash browns are made with a medley of carrots, Yukon Gold potatoes, rutabaga, taro & yuca. Root veggie are my FAVE and these little hash browns are too good.
Oh, and if you haven’t heard of Dr. Praeger’s they are an awesome food brand bringing you high quality, convenient foods in the frozen section. YEP – the frozen section.
If you’re thinking, “Uh, the frozen section?” with a hint of skepticism, I understand. Years of relying on “lean pockets” and “lean cuisines” only to learn those weren’t actually good for me, had me re-thinking the whole frozen packaged foods thing for awhile too.
But the good news is times are-a-changing and there are actually loads of convenient, frozen foods out there that are actually good for you – Dr. Praeger’s being one of my favorite go-to brands for quick, easy and delicious food items to add to your plate.
What you need for this breakfast bowl
- Dr. Praeger’s Root Veggie Hash browns
- red bell pepper
- yellow onion
This bowl is perfect for when you’re in the meal prepping mood and will make breakfast a BREEZE. All you do is prep the veggies, quinoa and kale, then top with an egg or two and the Root Veggie Hash Browns.
You can distribute the prepped ingredients into a couple of bowls ahead of time or prepare it in the morning. Whatever works for you!
I’ve been using the Instant Pot to prep quinoa for meals like this and it is seriously awesome. Now I feel like I always have good staples in the fridge ready to add to any meal.
Oh and if you’re like me and love a good brinner meal, this breakfast bowl is awesome for that too.
Whenever or however you want to enjoy this breakfast bowl meal, it’s a good one that is packed with nutrient-dense foods and seriously satisfying.
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Root Veggie Hashbrowns
- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup kale leaves, massaged with oil
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
additional toppings as desired
- shredded cheese
- purple carrots
- Heat 4 Root Veggie Hash Browns according to package instructions. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Stir fry veggies: Add about half tablespoon oil to large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and chopped bell pepper stirring frequently until onion is fragrant – about 3 minutes. Add in sliced mushrooms and continue stirring for another 2-3 minutes until soft. You can also add kale here and cook down about 2 minutes or keep raw. Transfer veggies to plate; set aside.
- Fry eggs: add about half tablespoon of oil or ghee to pan and cook eggs to your liking.
- Assemble bowls: Evenly disperse quinoa and kale into two serving bowls. Top with veggies, 2 Root Veggie Hash Browns each and eggs. Add desired toppings and dig in!
Keywords: power bowl, filling breakfast recipes, plant based breakfast