Loaded Sweet Potato Nacho Salad Bowls from the Nourishing Superfood Bowls by Lindsay Cotter. You guys need this bowl (and this cookbook!) in your life. This recipe is plant-based, grain-free and vegan-friendly.
Ohhhh man so pumped about today’s recipe… Not only is it freaking delish but it is also from my friend Lindsay’s new cookbook!
You guys this book is LOADED with amazing bowl meals (75 of them!) that are all gluten-free and packed with (you guessed it) – SUPERFOODS. Superfoods meaning awesome things like grains, vegetables and protein.
Get your copy on amazon! (affiliate)
If you’re not familiar with Lindsay, let me tell you she is just an awesome human. (I met her briefly at a conference last year and she is so sweet!) Lindsay is a nutritionist specialist, plus certified AASDN, and the gluten-free goddess blogger behind Cotter Crunch. I started following Lindsay’s blog a few years ago as I started my own and I have always loved her creative meals and learning more about the science and nutrition behind her recipes. She provides SO much value to her readers and community.
When Lindsay asked if I would like a copy of her new cookbook I emphatically replied YES, knowing her recipes are the bomb dot com and meals I’m sure I’ll keep coming back to. Plus bowl meals are the best!
Loaded Sweet Potato Nacho Salad Bowls
While flipping through her beautiful book, I spotted the Loaded Sweet Potato Nacho Salad Bowls – perfect for Cinco de Mayo this weekend and basically every day of your life.
what you need
- sweet potatoes
- aged cheddar
- black beans or cannellini beans
- green onion
So really you’ve got some pretty simple ingredients here that come together for one satisfying and nourishing plant-based meal.
Oh and the sweet potatoes– OH EM GEE. They’re thinly sliced then covered with aged cheddar and baked. I want them for the rest of my days…
While the sweet potato chips are baking you can get the rest of your ingredients together for the bowl. This recipe is really quick! Basically just prepping greens and black beans (I used canned), slicing up the avocado and chopping up the cilantro and green onion.
Once the sweet potato cheddar chips are done (Try not to eat them all off the pan before they make their way to the bowl. Speaking from experience here…) you just layer everything in the bowl and dig in!
I squeezed a little lime juice all over my bowl but you could also cover with an avocado lime crema as Lindsay suggests in the cookbook.
This book would make a great mother’s day gift for the home cooks in your life! Just sayin’ 😉Print
Loaded Sweet Potato Nacho Salad Bowls
Loaded Sweet Potato Nacho Salad Bowls from the Nourishing Superfood Bowls by Lindsay Cotter. You guys need this bowl (and this cookbook!) in your life. Recipe is plant-based, grain-free and vegan-friendly (just omit the aged cheddar slices!).
- Prep Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: mexican
Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into thin chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of fine sea salt or kosher salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 oz (30g) aged cheddar, thinly sliced
- 3 cups greens
- 1 cup (200g) black beans or white cannelli beans, cooked and drained (I used canned)
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- 1 jalepeño
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- shredded or grated parmesan cheese, optional
- lime or avocado la crema (see notes)
make the sweet potato chips
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line baking sheet with foil or coat with oil; set aside.
- Toss sweet potato slices with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in one layer on baking sheet, topping with the sliced aged cheddar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of potato slices are crispy. Lindsay also notes you can set the oven to broil for the last few minutes for more crispy chips. Remove and let cool slightly.
make the bowls
- Divide the greens evenly between two bowls, then divide the cooled sweet potato chips and place on greens. Top with black beans, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, green onion and parmesan if using. I also added some lime juice over top.
- Dig in!
For Avocado La Crema: 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup paleo mayo, 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil, 1 tbsp lime juice, pinch of garlic powder, 1/2 green onion, 1 tsp chili powder. Combine all ingredients in blender. Drizzle on bowls as desired.
TO MAKE VEGAN: simply omit cheddar cheese slices
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 251
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 13
- Protein: 13
- Cholesterol: 13
Keywords: healthy nacho salad, sweet potato chips, plant based power bowls