This naan breakfast pizza has got to be on your list to make ASAP. It’s quick, easy and delicious. Perfect for brunch or breakfast for dinner!
But seriously can we just look at how good this naan breakfast pizza is?!
I made this several months ago with Tillamook on Instagram but I recently made it again the other day and I decided it needed a permanent home here on the blog.
I mean, what’s not to love about breakfast pizza!? It’s also perfect for dinner. And thanks to store-bought naan bread (shortcuts definitely welcome in this instance) we’re looking at real good food on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Growing up my family often had breakfast for dinner but most of the time it was pancakes – because we were children and getting us to eat anything green was just not happening. I’m fairly certain my parents didn’t even know what kale was back then.
The Easiest Breakfast Pizza
But now kale is everywhere and it’s the perfect addition to the savory bacon and cheese on this naan breakfast pizza.
Ingredients needed for this breakfast pizza
- bacon (I love the ButcherBox bacon)
- sharp or medium cheddar
- salt & pepper
So we’re on the same page, right? You understand this greatness that you’ll want in your life forever and ever? Okay, good.
This is one of those recipes that you really don’t need a whole ton of direction for – it’s pizza, for goodness sake. Most of us have been making pizzas since before we could walk. But being that this is a food blog, it is partly my duty to give you enough steps to ensure a successful breakfast pizza.
Some tips for making this naan breakfast pizza
- THE KALE: Massage it. YES, massage it. Drizzle some olive oil on your fingertips and rub the chopped kale leaves between your fingers. This will get rid of some of the bitterness that is often associated with kale. And it will also make sure the kale leaves don’t shrivel up entirely once the pizza is in the oven.
- THE BACON: Get the good stuff. I like the Pederson’s uncured bacon from our ButcherBox. Also you’ll want to fry up the bacon first before it goes on the pizza to bake. You can even do this a day or two ahead of time.
- CRACKING THE EGG: Leave a little opening in the middle of the naan bread and *gently* crack the egg into the opening. Be careful so you don’t break the yolk.
- OVEN TIME: You’ll want to make sure you bake the pizzas until the egg white has set. For me that was about 15 minutes but every oven is different. You can also turn the oven to broil for a couple of minutes to cook the yolk a little more.
These naan breakfast pizzas could even be the perfect brunch appetizer too! Cutting them into smaller pieces to serve with a stack of french toast sounds mighty marvelous, if you ask me.
Let me know if you try this recipe! Xx AshleyPrint
Kale, Bacon & Cheddar Naan Breakfast Pizza
Change up your breakfast routine with this quick and easy breakfast pizza! Using crispy bacon, massaged kale, fresh eggs and cheddar cheese all topped on delicious naan bread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 naan pizzas 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pieces naan
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 3oz cheese off the block, thinly sliced
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat to desired crispness. Set aside on paper towels to soak up extra grease before chopping into pieces.
- While the bacon is cooking, massage kale with olive oil; set aside.
- Evenly distribute sliced cheese on top of naan bread, then kale and cooked chopped bacon, leaving room to crack the egg. Gently crack egg in opening on naan bread.
- Carefully transfer baking sheet to preheated oven; bake for 15 minutes or until egg white has set.
- Remove from oven sprinkle on fresh cracked black pepper, salt and more cheese if desired.
- Place pizzas on cutting board before using pizza slicer to divide into pieces. Dig in!
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Calories: 578
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 1119
- Fat: 31
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 29
- Cholesterol: 244
Keywords: naan pizza, brunch pizzas, bacon & kale
PS. While Tillamook is an Instagram partner of mine, this post is not endorsed or sponsored by them. And as always, all opinions and thoughts expressed are my own.
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through my links I will receive a small commission. Thank you for helping to support Fit Mitten Kitchen!