Vegan and grain free molasses cookies for a paleo friendly recipe to share at your next cookie exchange!
Well friends, the time has come for COOKIE WEEK!
December is a special time of year and I couldn’t wait to bring you all of my favorite cookie recipes for the holiday season. I’ll be throwing in a couple other holiday treats as well because cookie trays should have a variety of goodies to choose from, in my opinion. It was also extremely hard for me to narrow it down. But when I reached out on Instagram for some help, molasses cookies were one of the most popular requests.
When it comes to sharing new cookie recipes with you, I often struggle with what “dietary needs” to follow. I’m a people pleaser at heart so I want something for everyone. Obviously I can’t always do that, but what I CAN do is make a delicious cookie regardless of what kind of diet you follow. So when I took a poll for “paleo” or “vegan” and it was split down the middle… Well I bring you the best of both worlds.
Paleo and Vegan Friendly Grain Free Molasses Cookies
What you need
- blanched almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- unsalted dairy-free butter or grass-fed butter
- coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- dairy-free milk or creamer
- organic coarse sugar for rolling, if desired
How to make grain-free vegan molasses cookies
These cookies have:
just the right amount of sugar and spice
a different texture compared to conventional wheat flours, so just keep that in mind if you’re somewhat new to baking with grain-free flours!
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and review on the blog – I love hearing from you and it helps other readers learn more about the recipe too!
Grain Free Molasses Cookies with soft centers and crisp edges. A paleo friendly and vegan recipe everyone will love.
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 TBSP coconut flour (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 5 TBSP unsalted grass-fed butter* (or dairy-free butter for vegan)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 2 TBSP black strap molasses
- 1 TBSP non-dairy milk or creamer
- organic cane sugar for rolling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In large bowl using electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in molasses and milk, mixing on low speed, then add flour mixture mixing on low-medium speed until fully combined. Dough will be soft and feel somewhat sticky.
- Using 1/2 rounded tablespoon or small cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough into ball and roll between palms; dip in rolling sugar if desired. Place evenly spaced on cookie sheet – see photo in post for spacing, and press down with palms. Cookies won’t spread much. Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. You may also press down cookies again upon taking out of oven.
- Store cookies in container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan molasses cookies, paleo molasses cookies, vegan holiday cookies