You really need this Double Chocolate Almond Pecan Butter in your life STAT. Just almonds, pecans, dark chocolate chips and cacao powder for an antioxidant boost!
Does anyone wonder what life would be like without chocolate? Every so often I think about this (probably on the days I either have had too much, or possibly not enough…) and I just can’t fathom it. Jeez Lousie it would be a terrible world we’d live in.
OR does anyone else think one’s love for chocolate is hereditary? — Okay, googling “love for chocolate hereditary” and I find an NPR article about people hating cilantro…. the internet is a strange place, my friends.
I just feel like my love for chocolate is in my genes, ya know? Both my parents love chocolate, and I feel like all of my siblings love chocolate too… It is basically a sin when there isn’t any in the house. My mom used to hide the dove chocolates from us, because that was the good stuff. Don’t worry Mom, I don’t blame you. I will
probably hide food from my children one day too. I can guarantee it.
Okay, the above conversation is all very random and I just don’t even know where it came from. But guys, I have a blog and these are my thoughts. Sometimes they make sense, often times they do not. Have we established this already? Okay, cool.
This Double Chocolate Almond Pecan Butter is the newest [food] love of my life. I have died and gone to chocolate nut butter heaven, for realz.
just four ingredients
- cacao powder
- dark chocolate
That goes a little somethin’ like this ? <-name that tune
Add nuts > process > add chocolate & cacao > process.
Helloooo could this be any easier?! I know I know, I probably say this every time I share nut butter, but I seriously am amazing every time how awesome it is!
If you have a food processor, or vitamix, or heavy duty style blender, pleasseeeeee tell me you’ll make this.
- 2 cups pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 cups almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup quality dark chocolate chips (or about 4oz bar, chopped)
- 3 TBS cacao powder
- Place slightly cooled nuts in bowl of food processor and cover with lid. Process for about 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl periodically if necessary.
- Once the nuts have broken down and a butter starts to form, add in chocolate chips and cacao powder. Process the butter for another 2-3 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Transfer Double Chocolate Almond Pecan Butter to jar with lid. Butter can be stored in pantry, or fridge for longer periods of time.
-I like to buy raw nuts and toast them in the oven at 325F for 8-10 minutes (and then allowing to cool slightly) before adding them to the food processor. You can buy pre-roasted nuts if you like, but watch out for unnecessary/added oils. -Process your butter to desired consistency. I like a drippy nut butter so I tend to process a bit longer. If you want thicker, process for less time, or store in fridge to help thicken. -Processing times may vary depending on size and brand of food processor. I own a Breville 12 cup and I highly recommend!
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
TOOLS USED for this recipe
Standard 11×17 Baking Sheet
This stuff is seriously good on so many levels. I tried to limit my spoonfuls while shooting and decided a piece of toast was in order. But I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t lick the knife…
- Do you have the chocolate gene?
- Weekend plans?? I’ll be heading back home (a whole 30 minutes now, ha) to see my Mom’s annual dance recital 🙂 Anyone else in dance recital season?
NOTE: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Purchasing products listed through the links comes at no extra charge to you, but I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Fit Mitten Kitchen!