Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes made lightened up with Greek yogurt and cutting back on the sugar a tad too! Gluten-free friendly using your favorite gluten-free graham crackers or crunchy cookies.
Don’t miss the end of the post – we have awesome giveaways happening!
LOL. So I am listening to Spotify at the moment and a holiday commercial came on for Jared (jewelry). I heard something along the lines of “…because getting her a blender just didn’t sound right…”
I would LOVE a blender for Christmas. Actually a specific blender, but I digress… The point is I would absolutely prefer a blender over a piece of jewelry. Anyone else with me on that?! I’m sure some of you are shaking your heads.
Anyways it’s DECEMBER 1st!! Which means it’s officially time to get in the holiday spirit. Drew and I will be working on getting our tree this weekend and decorating around the house. Our first Christmas in the new house! I am so excited. We finally repainted the living room which means I can hang things on the walls, and also fully refurnish and decorate. Only took us… YIKES–six months.
Totally just got side-tracked looking for holiday decor now. Target has this super cute teal snowflake pillow – obviously in my cart.
ALRIGHT. Before I get even more distracted by all things home decor and holidays, let’s chat about
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes
I feel like everyone needs cheesecake during the holidays… Am I wrong? I think cheesecake is the perfect dessert for the holidays. Who doesn’t like cheesecake?! Okay, I am sure there are some of you out there but, come on. What’s not to like?! It’s creamy, sweet and helloooo graham cracker crust.
And this version just so happens to be covered in chocolate… AND strawberries. So we’re talking chocolate covered strawberries on little individual cheesecakes. Basically the best thing ever.
what you need
graham cracker crumbs (gluten-free if necessary)
Making these strawberry cheesecakes requires a few different steps (and a little patience with the chilling) but all in all pretty simple.
The first part is baking the graham cracker crust – just 10 minutes in the oven.
While the crust is baking you can prepare the filling – use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar and eggs. I’d suggest making sure all of the ingredients are room temperature to ensure even mixing. After the mixture is smooth, evenly divide between muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Then you must chill… and by chill I mean both figuratively and literally. Just chill out (or do the dishes) while the cheesecakes are chilling in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Then it’s on to the fun part: CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES.
We’re using California Giant strawberries for this recipe. I’ve been a brand ambassador for them this year and not only love their berries but working with them has been a dream. Literally. Strawberries are my absolute favorite and getting to work with them and share recipes with you all has been a dream come true.
Plus California Giant strawberries are perfect for dipping in chocolate (because they’re GIANT) making them extra perfect for these strawberry cheesecakes.
Once you’ve dipped the strawberries into the chocolate and allowed them to set, you can pop the cheesecakes back into the fridge until ready to enjoy.
These Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes are perfect for any occasion really. I hope you try them!
for the crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10-12 crackers)
- 4 TBS butter, melted
for the filling
- 16oz cream cheese, softened (lite or full-fat)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used plain whole milk but vanilla works too)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
for the topping
- 10oz quality chocolate chips
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- strawberries, washed and dried (you need at least 12)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 12 muffin tins with foil liners. Lightly spray with oil. Set aside.
- In a small food processor or blender (I used my NutriBullet) process graham crackers into crumbs. Transfer crumbs into bowl with melted butter and combine until moist.
- Evenly divide graham cracker mixture between the 12 liners, pressing with back of tablespoon to flatten.
- Bake graham cracker crust for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl using electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in yogurt and sugar, beating again until smooth. Then add in eggs and vanilla, combining until smooth.
- Evenly distribute cheesecake batter into liners with baked graham cracker crusts. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the middle is set.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool to room temperature, then place in fridge to chill for 2 hours. You can also prepare the cheesecakes 1 day in advance.
- Once the cheesecakes have chilled (up to 24 hours) you can prepare the chocolate: Place chocolate chips and oil in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Spoon chocolate over cheesecakes and allow to set – this should be fairly quick because the cheesecakes are cold.
- Once the cheesecakes have been covered in the chocolate, dip strawberries into melted chocolate and place in center of cheesecakes. Continue this process until all cheesecakes have a chocolate covered strawberry. See notes below about using "ganache" instead of just melted chips.
- Use leftover chocolate for dipping more strawberries. You can make a tray with both the chocolate covered strawberry cheesecakes and regular dipped strawberries. Enjoy!
Prep time includes chill time.
recipe adapted from my key lime cheesecakes
Notes on the chocolate: If you don't want the chocolate to harden too much once chilled you can make more of a ganache – 1 cup chocolate chips to 1/2 cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk. Simply warm the milk over medium heat then pour in the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. The chocolate will be thinner but it won't get as hard in the fridge after chilling.
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!
Tag @fitmittenkitchen and hashtag #fitmittenkitchen
California Giant Stocking Stuffers Sweepstakes
Oh oh but wait! California Giant is so incredible and wants to help you stock your stuffings this year! They’ve rounded up some of their favorite things and you have yourself a chance to win 1 of 6 items:
- A $100 Visa Gift Card for last minute holiday shopping
- A Cast Iron Skillet Set for making comforting berry desserts
- A Kitchenaid Mixer to inspire you to mix up your own berry creation
- A blender for creating energizing berry smoothies
- A Fitbit to help you reach your health goals in the New Year
- The Farm, Family & Food Cookbook filled with our secret family recipes!
AND as a special thank you to Fit Mitten Kitchen readers, you guys have a chance to win a NUTRI BULLET! Which is without a doubt one of my favorite things.
Click the image below to enter.
And YES you can enter both giveaways!
Happy Holidays! <3