Chocolate Coconut Protein Smoothie Bowl with grass-fed, pasture-raised collagen whey for a healthy protein boost, beneficial to your skin and joint health!
This post is sponsored by my partnership with Vital Proteins. All opinions expressed, as always, are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I trust and have the pleasure of working with, making Fit Mitten Kitchen possible!
Protein powder consumers know what a struggle it is to find a powder you love. For me, it’s not just about the taste but what’s listed in the ingredients as well. While I don’t truly swear off any particular food groups, I do believe in food awareness. As consumers we have the power to make choices that are better not only for our own health, but ultimately the health of the animals, plants and overall environment. I don’t talk about this subject a ton on the blog, but it is something I care about.
One of the reasons I love Vital Proteins is their transparency about their products. It’s a little unfortunate we can’t just walk into a supermarket these days and trust what we’re purchasing was developed using ethical practices. I can’t go grocery shopping without looking at labels before putting something into my cart because I like to try and understand what it is I am consuming. <- this is why I grocery shop alone because a 10 minute trip turns into a 45 minute library session. 😉 And I know some people couldn’t care less, and that’s totally fine! I’m not here to judge. What I am here for is to share with you a product I’ve come to love, one that I can feel good about adding to my diet, and maybe spark that interest in you too!
Last week I introduced you to some collagen Vital Proteins products, but today I’m sharing another one of their products with you…
Collagen Whey: Cocoa & Coconut Water
The main ingredients in this collagen whey are simple and straight-forward:
- grass-fed pasture-raised dairy whey protein concentrate
- grass-fed pasture-raised collagen peptides
- high flavanol cocoa
- organic coconut water
- dutch cocoa
- natural hyaluronic acid (natural joint supplement)
- bacillus coagulens (probiotic)
So not only are you getting in a superior protein supplement for maintaining muscle mass (important for anyone, especially those strength training), your skin and gut health are also benefitting from this protein!
To showcase this amazing protein, I’ve come up with a seriously tasty Chocolate Coconut Smoothie Bowl for you all. It basically tastes like dessert.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- frozen banana
- your favorite yogurt
- cacao powder (it’s super good for you!)
- coconut water (or liquid of choice)
DESSERT + PROTEIN FTW. I had to stop myself from sampling it to take pictures. And then this bowl was gone in about .2 seconds that I devoured for lunch 😀
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1/4 cup favorite yogurt (I used vanilla Siggi’s)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Whey
- 1/2 TBS cacao powder
- coconut water (or liquid of choice)
- cacao nibs
- chocolate chips
- fresh fruit
- Place frozen banana, yogurt, protein powder, cacao powder in bowl of small food processor or small blender cup. Start with a couple tablespoons of coconut water and blend until smooth. Add more liquid or ice for desired consistency.
- Pour smoothie into bowl, add desired toppings, enjoy!
Nutrition based on ingredients listed, excluding toppings
-recipe can be easily doubled for 2 servings!
-Not a fan of bananas? Try frozen cherries instead!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 28
- Sodium: 135mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Do you read labels at the grocery store?
- How much do you take into consideration a brand’s ethical practices when purchasing their products? <- too deep? ? I don’t practice this ALL the time, but it’s nice when a brand makes it easy for you by being transparent!