Who doesn’t love a good burrito bowl? We’re topping things off with Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burgers to keep things easy, healthy and vegan. This meal is great for meal prep too.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Dr. Praeger’s. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Fit Mitten Kitchen running!
Ideally I would be eating a burrito bowl IN California but with travel by rocket not quite available, I’ll bring the taste of California into my own kitchen with the help of Dr. Praeger’s and their California Veggie Burger.
Not to mention it’s typically quicker and often better-for-you to make your own meals at home. And Dr. Praeger’s has got you covered in the “quick, easy, and healthy” department. Having my freezer stocked with their products (veggie burgers, seafood products, potato puffs and more) allows me to make some better food choices when we’re running low on fresh foods.
OR if I am just trying to make my life easier and need a quick, healthy meal. <– usually this.
Some of my favorite Dr. Praeger’s products are their Veggie Burgers, because they’re just so easy. And Dr. Praeger’s has an array of veggie burger flavors, all delicious in their own way.
California Veggie Burger Burrito Bowl
While I love a traditional veggie burger with a bun and all the fixings, there is just something so satisfying about throwing all of your favorite toppings into a bowl and crushing it with a fork. Just me?
Let’s be honest though, more often than not everything is falling out of the bun and you end up grabbing a fork and stabbing the bits and pieces anyway. Ya know what I’m saying?
So we’re just going to toss everything into a bowl right from the start and call it good.
What You Need
- Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger
- rice (or grain of choice)
- salad greens
- roasted sweet potatoes
- black beans
- pico de gallo or salsa
More about Dr. Praeger’s
- recognizable ingredients — vegetables, herbs and grains people know and love.
- products serving a variety of dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
- OU Kosher certified, and many are Non-GMO Project Verified and certified Gluten Free.
- High-quality ingredients that include a diverse range of vegetables, sustainably caught fish and plant-based oils.
I love that this burrito bowl is an easy, plant-based meal perfect for meal prep. For example if you have your rice and sweet potatoes cooked beforehand, all you really need to do is cook the Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger. And while that cooks you can begin assembling the bowl(s), slice the avocado and open up the black beans and pico de gallo. It’s dinner ready in essentially 15 minutes or less.
What’s not to love about that?
Oh and my little secret: this whole “bowl” trick is a great way to get your daily dose of salad greens in for the day if that is something you struggle with. I pretty much throw anything onto a bed of greens and call it a salad. It’s a great way to trick yourself (or your kids, wife, husband, whoever) into adding some leafy greens into their life.
Leave a comment and review here on the blog if you make this recipe! I love hearing from you.
These California Veggie Burgers from Dr. Praeger’s are made into a burrito bowl dinner that is easy to prep and super satisfying! Vegan-friendly.
- Prepare rice and sweet potato: cook rice according to package instructions; set aside when done. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cubed sweet potatoes on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; use hands to fully coat. Bake sweet potatoes for about 18-20 minutes or until soft. Note: the larger the cubes, the longer they will take to cook. I cut my sweet potato up into fairly small cubes.
- Cook Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger according to package instructions and preferred method.
- Assemble the burrito bowls: Evenly distribute leafy greens, rice, cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, sliced avocado and pico de gallo between two bowls. Top with slightly cooled California Veggie Burger and drizzle on favorite dressing. Enjoy!
This recipe is great for meal prep! Simply get together all of your ingredients (except veggie burgers) and evenly distribute them into containers to store in fridge. Then all that is left to do is to cook the veggie burger when it comes to meal time.
You can also easily double this recipe for meal prep or family size servings.
Cook time includes the time it takes to cook sweet potatoes, rice and veggie burgers
Keywords: veggie burgers, california burger, easy vegan dinners