A crazy good combo of flavors here in this pomegranate balsamic marinated chicken & beet goat cheese flatbread. Then we’re topping it off with blueberries, pepitas, and hemp hearts!
This post is sponsored by the Love Beets and OrganicGirl #goodcleansummerlove campaign. All opinions, as always, are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands I trust making Fit Mitten Kitchen possible.
Guys… I have something to tell you…
I don’t know how I haven’t told you this already yet but
I leave for the UK in 3 days (!!!)
Say whhaatttt?! I’ve actually been to England before, with my Nana and her sister when I was 15. However truthfully speaking… it was a trip for the older ladies. Not to say I wasn’t grateful! I totally was. But we were kind of there to visit distant relatives and check out some headstones… I’m 100% serious about the headstones.
We stayed in the Bingley area, which was where my Nana’s cousins lived, and let’s just say it wasn’t the most exciting place for a 15 year old. One of my favorite days was when my Nana’s previous exchange student (she had exchange students from all over the world for as long as I can remember) and his girlfriend took me into Leeds where we went to a soccer game and shopped the streets.
Of course I remember other things too… like how big the roundabouts were getting off the highway. I am fairly certain we just kept driving around in a circle until we figured out what exit we needed… easily 20 times. I also recall it taking us roughly three hours before we found our hotel…Not even joking.
And then there was visiting with my Nana’s cousins and their children. That was actually pretty neat. I’ve always loved history. So getting to sift through old pictures I truly enjoyed. Plus just knowing you’re talking to someone on the other side of the world you just met for the first time, yet you’re family… It’s kind of cool, right?
So what does the UK have in store for me this time? Well, I’m actually traveling with my beloved Pal and her husband, and we are meeting up with her friend from grad school. This time I’ll get to see London and visit Leeds again before making our way up to Scotland (!). Being in Scotland also means I get to meet up with my Aussie bestie from study abroad because she lives there now too! I kind of can’t believe it’s coming so soon.
And while this month has been crazy busy for me, I’ve somehow managed to pull off sharing this amazing beet goat cheese flatbread with you.
~~ happy dance ~~
I seriously thought this flatbread was bangin’. The combo of goat cheese and beets is just freakin’ amazeballs, people. Then add some pomegranate balsamic marinated chicken breast and you’ve got yourself a WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.
The spinach plus the added toppings of blueberries, pepitas and hemp hearts just takes this flatbread to a whole nother level.
- 1 no-yeast pizza crust*
- 4oz goat cheese + 1 tsp minced garlic, whipped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lb chicken breast, marinated in organicgirl Pomegranate Balsamic vinaigrette, cooked and shredded
- 1 6.5oz container honey + ginger LoveBeets, chopped
- crumbled fresh feta
- hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 400F. Follow directions for dough (with noted substitutions if you wish). Once ready, roll out dough into flat rectangle on small greased baking sheet, about 1/4 “ thick. Bake dough for 8-9 minutes.
- While dough is baking: Wilt fresh spinach in frying pan with 1 tsp oil on medium heat, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer wilted spinach to plate. Cook the marinated chicken in frying pan on medium heat until done. While the chicken rests, whip together the goat cheese + minced garlic.
- Once dough is ready and slightly cooled use spatula to spread goat cheese evenly on crust. Layer on wilted spinach, shredded chicken, chopped beets, and top with about 2 TBS of feta if desired. Bake flatbread at 375F for 8-9 minutes. Upon taking out of oven, top with blueberries, pepitas, and hemp hearts. Cut into slices, enjoy!
*Subs for crust if you’d like= whole wheat white flour in place of all-purpose, almondmilk in place of dairy, and avocado oil in place of olive.
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 264
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 20
- Cholesterol: 43mg
Oh hey! Did you want to win a year supply of Love Beets and organicgirl products?
All you have to do is share a photo showing how you’re staying happy and healthy this summer. Share your favorite smoothie, a fun hike, a day at the beach, a super salad, anything goes. Share it to Facebook, Instagram, or twitter and use the hashtag #goodcleansummerlove. Enter as many times as you’d like until August 12! Seriously who doesn’t want to win a year supply of this stuff?!
Chat with me!
- Have you been to the UK? England? Scotland? Must see places? Eats??
- Have you put beets on pizza before?