- 3 cups organic 1:1 gluten-free baking flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup organic olive oil (or canola, sunflower, avocado, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups organic granulated sugar (cane, coconut, etc.)
- 4 organic large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract (optional but adds a nice hint of flavor)
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Yogurt
- 1/3 cup organic milk of choice
- 2 cups fresh organic blueberries, rinsed, dried and lightly tossed in flour.
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups powdered sugar (depending on how thick you’d like glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; Grease 10 cup capacity bundt pan with organic butter or spray with coconut oil; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, add dried blueberries and toss lightly with flour (this will help blueberries from sinking to bottom of bowl later). Set aside.
- In large bowl using handheld mixer or paddle attachment, beat butter with oil and sugar on medium speed for about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add in extracts then eggs one at a time, mixing on low-medium speed until well combined. Scrape down sides of the bowl and make sure everything is evenly combined.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly start to add about 1 cup of the dry ingredients and 1/2 cup of the yogurt. Mix on low speed until just about combined then add remaining flour, yogurt and milk mixing on low a couple rotations through. Then fold in blueberries making sure everything is well combined (without over-mixing.) Batter will be wet and somewhat thick.
- Transfer batter to greased bundt pan; bake for 40-50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Check the cake after 35 minutes to check for browning on the top – cover in foil if needed to prevent browning too much.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 15 minutes before gently flipping cake out onto cooling rack; allow cake to cool at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled make the blueberry glaze: in a small blender combine fresh blueberries with 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar until blended and smooth. Add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice if you want a slight tang, or water works too. Add more powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time if you’d like a thicker glaze. Place plate under cake on cooling rack before glazing. Pour glaze over cake in zigzag fashion.
- Allow glaze to set for before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
See FAQ’s in post just above recipe card.
- Serving Size: 1/16 slice
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 21
- Sodium: 190
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 44
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 535