- Preheat oven to 350F and adjust oven rack to lower middle (this will help your bread from browning too much on top). Spray 9×5 bread pan, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium add pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk mixture. Whisk until ingredients are well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to large bowl of dry ingredients, gently folding in until JUST combined, batter will be thick and heavy. Avoid over-working the batter, as that will result in a tough bread.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan and bake for 45-55 minutes. Cover top of bread loosely with foil at 20 minutes, to avoid the top from getting too dark. Insert toothpick into middle of bread, it should come out with little to no crumbs when done. Allow bread to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy with your favorite nut butter for a delicious breakfast treat!
*half all-purpose/ half whole wheat flour may be subbed. You can also use all whole wheat pastry flour. If you’d like a slightly sweeter bread, bump up the sugar to ¾ cup. Bread is fairly moist and should keep at room temperature fresh up to three days. Nutrition approximate based 12 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 219
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 31mg