- For the dough:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat white flour (or whole wheat)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar (I used turbinado)
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick), frozen and cubed
- ¼ cup coconut oil, frozen
- 4 TBS ice cold water
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg, beaten (for egg wash crust)
- For the filling:
- 2 large peaches, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup raspberries, fresh
- ¼ cup blueberries, fresh
- 2 TBS granulated sugar (I used turbinado again, but feel free to use coconut for refined sugar-free)
- 1 TBS whole white wheat flour
- Note: I used my food processor for the dough but it can easily be made with a pastry cutter/dough blender in a large bowl.
- Before you begin, make sure your butter is cut into ½” cubes and frozen. Also freeze your coconut oil: line a small bowl with plastic wrap and measuring out ¼ cup of coconut oil into lined bowl. Freezer for at least 30 minutes, or until frozen solid.
- Also add a few ice cubes into small bowl of water, plus apple cider vinegar.
- In the bowl of large food processor, pulse together flours, salt and granulated sugar. Add in frozen cubed butter and pulse about 5 times. Break apart frozen coconut oil into chunks (I used my hands but you could also use cutting board), add to food processor bowl and pulse again about 6 times. Mixture will resemble a coarse meal, it is okay if you have chunks of coconut oil or butter still. Add in ice cold water + ACV mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing in between until dough comes together. You should need about 5-6 tablespoons of water. Dough should just come together and not be overly wet. If you think you added too much water work in some more flour with your hands. If you think it’s too dry and dough doesn’t form a ball, add a tiny bit more water.
- Preheat oven to 425F and line large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Roll ball of dough out on a flat surface, either a lightly floured silicone mat or parchment paper, about 10” in diameter. Transfer rolled dough to baking sheet and chill in fridge while you prep the berries.
- In a medium bowl gently toss together sliced peaches, raspberries, and blueberries with 2 TBS sugar and 1 TBS flour.
- Once the dough has chilled for 10-15 minutes, arrange peaches and berries in a single layer in the middle of the dough, leaving about 1-2 inches of room on the outside of the dough. Fold over extra dough onto edge of fruit and pinch together any spots where the dough has come apart. Brush crust with egg wash and dust with coconut, rolled oats, or sliced almonds if you wish.
- Bake galette for 14-17 minutes, or until crust is lightly golden. Allow galette to cool on pan for 5-10 minutes (excess liquid will solidify once cooled). Slice galette into 6-8 triangles, serve with whipped topping, coconut cream, or ice cream for a lovely treat!
–Approximate nutrition based on 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 155
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 39