A healthier Pumpkin Bundt Cake made with whole grain flour, greek yogurt, applesauce and of course PUMPKIN. Topped with maple glaze and salted caramel sauce. This definitely needs to be on your baking list.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (1:1 gluten-free flour may be subbed)
- 1/2 TBS pumpkin spice
- 1 TBS ground cinamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, room temp. (or honey)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used plain whole milk but vanilla or 0% work), room temp.
- 2 large eggs, room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter, melted & cooled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBS maple syrup (or 1 tsp extract)
- 2 TBS milk or water
- 2 TBS caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F, thoroughly grease a 10-15″ bundt pan with butter (or coconut oil). Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine dry ingredients (flour through spices). Set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together pumpkin, sugar, applesauce and maple syrup. Whisk in Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla and melted/cooled oil or butter.
- Add in your flour mixture and gently combine using spatula or mix on low speed with electric mixer. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter in greased bundt pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. Check cake with inserted toothpick. Cake should come out with little to no crumbs. Allow cake to cool in pan for 30 minutes before removing.
- Make glaze: stir together powdered sugar + maple syrup + water in medium bowl. Whisk w/ fork until smooth.
- Once cooled, *gently* bang pan on counter to loosen cake. Flip onto cooling rack. Place plate under cooling rack to catch glaze. Use spoon to glaze cake, moving in zigzag pattern. You may have reserve glaze that catches on the plate. I used this to go over the cake a second time. Then drizzle with salted caramel sauce if desired.
- Once glaze has set, about 15 minutes, slice and serve. ENJOY!
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cake, whole grain cakes