These Whole Grain Greek Yogurt Pancakes are thick, fluffy, and just what you need for your next weekend breakfast. This healthy pancake recipe is the perfect base for any toppings or mix-ins and freezes really well! Make a big batch and have pancakes throughout the week.
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 TBS vinegar (I used ACV but white works)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (whole milk, 2% or 0% all work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (can sub whole wheat white – will turn out *slightly* more dense)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- addtional toppings such as fresh fruit, granola, nut butter, etc.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and vinegar. Add in Greek yogurt and vanilla extract, whisking to combine.
2. Add in flour, sprinkle in baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until no lumps in batter remain. Let batter sit for 3-4 minutes.
3. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Grease with butter or ghee for best flavor.
4. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter, then spoon onto greased & heated skillet. Don’t overcrowd the pan–make sure you leave enough room for flipping.
5. Cook on one side until bubbles start to form on edges, about 2-3 minutes, before flipping to other side to cook for another 2 minutes or so. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep pancakes in warmed oven (200 degrees) before serving.
6. Add favorite toppings, enjoy!
You can substitute whole wheat white flour, just note the pancakes will come out slightly more dense.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Whole Grain Greek Yogurt Pancakes, Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes, Healthy Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe