Make these Eggnog Cookies using Almondmilk Nog for a fun holiday cookie everyone will love!
- 2 cups whole wheat white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Nog
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In small bowl combine flour, baking powder, ground nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl using electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together butter with sugars until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add egg yolks, vanilla and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Nog, mixing on low-medium speed until combined.
- Add flour mixture and continue mixing on low-medium speed until just combined. Dough should feel soft but not sticky. Scoop dough into 1 tablespoon and roll between palms of hands. Place evenly spaced on cookie sheet then flatten with back of measuring cup or palm. You can also drop them without rolling into a ball, you’ll just have a more raised cookie.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to rest on baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the Almond Nog frosting: In medium bowl using electric mixer, whip butter on medium-high speed until fluffy. On low speed slowly add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Nog; continue mixing on medium speed until frosting is smooth.
- Use spatula or knife to frost tops of cookies and top with more ground nutmeg if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: eggnog cookies, dairy free eggnog, baking with almond milk