- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP softened butter
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 2.5 TBSP whole wheat white flour
- 3 TBSP rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups 1:1 gluten-free baking flour or whole wheat white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, or 1 5.3oz container apple cinnamon works)
- 1/4 cup oil (avocado, melted and cooled coconut*)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced apple, equal to about 1 small-medium
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease 9×5 loaf pan well, or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Make the cinnamon swirl topping: in a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar until evenly mixed together; set aside.
- Make the streusel topping: combine butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix together with your fingertips; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together applesauce, maple syrup and sugar. Add in egg, Greek yogurt, oil and vanilla whisking again until smooth.
- Gently add dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients, stirring with large rubber spatula until almost combined. Fold in diced apples gently combining until dry flour is no longer visible.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle on the cinnamon-sugar mixture, then add the remaining batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the layers once in each direction to create a marble swirl. Top with streusel topping, pressing in slightly.
- Bake for 40 minutes uncovered, then add foil to top of loaf pan, baking for an additional 5-10 minutes, OR until inserted toothpick in center of loaf comes out with little to no crumbs. Allow bread to cool in pan for 30 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack. Optionally, finish with a water icing by combining a few tablespoons powdered sugar with 1-2 teaspoons water.
- Transfer bread to cutting board and slice with large knife. Best served warmed with your favorite topping: butter, coconut butter, cashew butter or peanut butter. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To freeze, cool completely, wrap tightly in foil, then place in a plastic freezer storage bag and push out all the air. Label, date and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight on the kitchen counter when ready to enjoy.
Recipe adapted from my Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 258mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg