- Protein Balls
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats, ground*
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice protein powder* (I used Sunwarrior)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter* (I used Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful)
- 2 TBS raw honey (sub brown rice syrup or agave if strictly vegan)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used Silk Cashew Milk)
- White Chocolate Topping
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Chips
- Grind rolled oats into flour using small food processor, or bullet.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, and brown rice protein powder to large bowl and gently combine.
- Add peanut butter, honey, and stir gently until mixture almost comes together.
- Add in non-dairy milk and stir until large ball of dough forms.
- Place bowl of dough in fridge for about 30 minutes to firm.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Once dough is slightly firm, roll dough into balls, about rounded tablespoon size, and place on lined baking sheet.
- Put baking sheet in freezer for 5 minutes.
- While the balls are in freezer, melt chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl in 10 second increments, and stir between each time until completely melted.
- Take baking sheet out of freezer and dip or drizzle balls with the white chocolate. Place back on baking sheet to let chocolate harden.
- Balls can be stored in airtight container in fridge up to 10 days fresh. They can also be stored in freezer for up to 1 month fresh.
If storing in freezer, let balls come to room temperature before eating.
*I do not recommend using whey or casein protein, as the mixture will not set well. You can most likely sub another vegan protein powder, although I have not tried this particular recipe with one.
*The white chocolate can certainly be optional. The nutrition count changes as follows > 1 Ball= Calories: 79 Carbs: 8g Fats: 3g Protein: 5g Sugars: 3g
- Serving Size: 1 Ball
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5