- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2/3 cup roasted walnuts
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 cup torn lacinato kale
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- sliced cherry tomatoes
- Prep zucchini noodles and lay on tea towel to absorb excess moisture; set aside.
- Place walnuts in blender cup; pulse just until nuts have broken down into a coarse meal. Don’t overprocess because you’ll process again with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in kale, fresh basil, olive oil, minced garlic, nutritional yeast and salt; pulse until ingredients have combined and no big pieces of basil or kale remain.
- Toss about 1/4 cup of kale walnut pesto with zucchini noodles, adding more as desired. Serve with sliced cherry tomatoes and top with walnuts.
Store leftover pesto in the refrigerator, use within about 2 weeks.
Some of my favorite jars to use for storing are these weck jars.