A layered mix of coconut butter in the classic ice cream flavor, these Vegan Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups require just four ingredients! A healthier way to indulge for Valentine’s Day.
Oh yes, it is Valentine’s Day week! Which means I’ve got my “galentines” here to help spread some Valentine’s Day lovin’.
Of course, we’re sharing some healthier desserts, because that’s just how we roll >>>>
Cookie Dusted Chocolate Covered Strawberries – by rachLmansfield
Gluten Free Cookie Dusted Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries, the perfect indulgent yet healthy treat.
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies – The Almond Eater
These Fudgy Black Bean Brownies are flourless, chocolate-y and a healthy way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Mini Guava Cheesecake Cups – The Blissful Balance
Light and creamy cheesecake atop a crunchy graham cracker crust topped with sweet, guava jam for a bite full of flavor.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies – The Balanced Berry
Gluten free peanut butter cookies with a kiss of jam right in the middle. Only requires six ingredients, and comes together in one bowl!
Vegan Chocolate Truffles – In It 4 The Long Run
Celebrate Valentine’s Day right with these scrumptious vegan chocolate truffles that will melt in your mouth.
HOW AMAZING DOES EVERYTHING LOOK?! I mean, I’ll take three of each, please and thank you.
So V-day treats are in full force. We just got a little package of chocolates and things from my MIL (along with dark chocolate covered cashews! She knows me too well ?) My boss busted out the good old red gummy hearts at a meeting the other day. Can’t say I was mad about it… although they didn’t taste quite like I remembered. Its funny how your taste buds change after developing healthier eating habits! The sugar-loaded, artificial stuff just doesn’t do it for me anymore. I had a couple for old time’s sake, and then I was over it. Just give me dark chocolate, all day baby, ALL DAY ?
So these Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups then! They are super easy, no-bake, and only require four ingredients. Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan yadda yadda yadda 😉 They are spectacular little treats and the perfect way to show your Valentine (Galentine’s, perhaps?) you’ve been thinking about them.
It’s funny. I was originally going to make healthy cutout sugar cookies for today, but they didn’t quite go as planned. I even maybe kind of sorta made my husband take a special trip with me to get a heart shaped cookie cutter. And while I did make and shoot the recipe, I wasn’t convinced. The frosting didn’t turn out the way I wanted, and then before I was technically finished shooting the cookies, I had a little mishap and my cookies flung all over the place… onto the carpet… frosting face down. I just started laughing. And took it as a sign I wasn’t supposed to share the cookies with you all. Hahaha.
BUT THEN. I was lying in bed that night and had this epiphany for these little beauts! And really the rest is history. They’re about 10x easier than sugar cookies anyhow, no-bake, and only require FOUR INGREDIENTS:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- coconut butter
- vanilla extract
- dairy-free chocolate chips
Once you’ve got your separate bowls for strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla, you just layer each flavor into a mini muffin pan with liners and voilà!
You’ve got yourself cute little Vegan Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups to share! (or not to share…)
A layered mix of coconut butter in the classic ice cream flavor, these Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups require just four ingredients! A simple, vegan, healthier way to indulge for Valentine’s Day.
- vanilla layer:
- 4 TBS coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS dairy-free semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 TBS coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely diced strawberries
- 2 TBS coconut butter, melted
- Line a mini muffin pan with liners, or use silicone liners/mini muffin pan.
- Set out three small microwaveable bowls, one for each flavor/layer.
- For the vanilla: melt 4 tablespoons of coconut butter in microwave, about 10 second increments until melted. Stir in vanilla extract. Using 1/2 tablespoon, place vanilla coconut butter into lined mini muffin pan. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- For the chocolate: melt together 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of coconut butter, for about 15-20 seconds. Check after 15 seconds, then do increments of 5 seconds, stirring between each round until completely melted. Once vanilla layer has set, take muffin pan out of freezer. Using 1/2 tablespoon, place chocolate coconut butter on top of vanilla layer. Return to freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- For the strawberry layer: melt together 2 tablespoons of coconut butter with diced strawberries for about 20 seconds. Stir until strawberries and coconut butter are well combined (some strawberry chunks may be present, that is fine). Once the chocolate layer is set, use 1/2 tablespoon and scoop strawberry layer onto chocolate layer. Use wet fingertips to gently press the strawberry layer. Return to freezer for 5 minutes-10 minutes, until strawberry layer has set.
- Store Neapolitan Coconut Butter Fudge Cups in container in fridge or tightly wrapped in freezer.*
-I used Artisana Raw Coconut Butter
*Because of the nature of coconut butter, these fudge cups are best kept cold. If storing in freezer, they can be set out to thaw, but they will not hold their shape well after getting to room temperature.
I stored mine in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 mini cup
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3
Keywords: Vegan Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups
- Chocolate or candy?
- Have you tried coconut butter yet?
It’s kind of right up there with cashew butter (for me, at least) plus it’s naturally sweet so no need for added sugar in these guys!