- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBS chia seeds (or flaxseed meal)
- 2 tsp ground ginger (1 tsp if you don’t love ginger)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup cashew, almond or sunflower seed butter
- 3 TBS brown rice syrup or honey
- 2 TBS molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate for dipping:
- In a large bowl combine oats, spices and chia seeds.
- Add in nut/seed butter, brown rice syrup or honey, molasses and vanilla extract. Use sturdy spatula or spoon to combine.
- Place bowl in freezer for about 10 minutes (or fridge for 20 minutes). The cold mixture will make forming the energy balls a lot easier.
- Using a 1/2 round tablespoon, scoop mixture into rounded balls and roll between palms to shape. You should get roughly 20 rounded tablespoon size balls.
- Store energy balls in airtight container in fridge about 2 weeks. Or freezer about 2-3 months.
- If dipping in chocolate: line medium baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in saucepan; melt chips over low-medium heat stirring until smooth. Remove pan from heat and carefully dip energy balls into chocolate then place on lined baking sheet. Transfer pan to fridge to allow chocolate to set before storing in container. Enjoy!
nutrition info approximate, does not include chocolate coating.
- Serving Size: 1 energy ball
- Calories: 81
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg