- 1 cup water
- 2 black tea bags (or 1/2 Tbsp loose leaf tea)
- 1 1/2 tsp chai spice blend (linked)
- pinch of black pepper, optional
- 2 cups oat milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup (more or less depending on desired sweetness)
- In small saucepan bring water, black tea bag or loose leaf tea, and chai tea spices to a low boil then simmer for 5 minutes to steep tea and spices.
- Pour in oat milk, maple syrup and stir; change heat to medium to warm oat milk, about 3-4 minutes. Once warmed through, strain mixture through fine mesh strainer (or cheese cloth, or mesh straining bag).
- Taste test before adding more sweetness; top with whipped cream and little cinnamon for a coffee shop homemade chai latte experience!
Use your milk of choice, depending on dietary preference. If using a sweetened milk, you may want to adjust the maple syrup. Honey may also be used.