Make Vegan Buttery Garlic Roasted Broccoli with sweet potato noodles for your next meal. Made with Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter & Garlic Flavors. Perfect for meal prep, a bowl base, or just a great side dish.
I’m thinking we could use a little break from the sweets on the blog… maybe? Just me?
Last week I feel like I just made sooo many sweet things and I started craving some more savory recipes, so I thought I’d share these roasted garlic broccoli bowls! WITH SWEET POTATO NOODLES.
Man it’s been forever since I’ve busted out my Inspiralizer. I forgot how fun it is… and also dangerous. I think I nicked myself on both the blade and the spiky turny thing (technical verbiage) because I wasn’t paying attention. Honestly though I am so bad when it comes to that kind of stuff. I mean I basically cut a huge chunk off the tip of my finger because I was slicing with a serrated knife into my hand. I was able to kind of stick it back on but WHO DOES THAT? Who cuts into something while they’re holding the object IN THEIR HAND? Stupid people, meaning myself, that’s who.
Now that I’ve officially scared you and possibly grossed you out right off the bat… do you want to make these
Vegan Buttery Garlic Roasted Broccoli with Sweet Potato Noodles
?? I think you should 🙂
Did you know that you can make vegan buttery-tasting dishes? Much thanks to Nutiva for making their Organic Coconut Oil with Butter & Garlic Flavors – perfect for those living a plant-based lifestyle. Or maybe you’re just lactose-intolerant and really want butter but shouldn’t be eating it, the Organic Coconut Oil with Butter & Garlic Flavors is perfect for you too.
I loveee how much flavor it adds to the roasted broccoli and sweet potato noodles. When people say they don’t care for roasted veggies I reply first by stating that we can’t be friends. Then I recant and ask them if they’re adding any seasoning to the veggies prior to roasting. One of the most simple and flavorful ways to make your roasted veggies taste good is just adding a little bit of garlic, salt and oil – in this case using the Organic Coconut Oil with Butter & Garlic Flavors. It makes the roasted broccoli sooo much more flavorful.
And I even cooked the sweet potato noodles in the flavored oil too because, why not? The more flavor the better.
All in all this recipe is ready in under 30 minutes, including prep time. Perfect as a side dish or even a great bowl base if you’d like to add some protein or grains for a satisfying power bowl.
Oh, and I added pomegranate seeds because why not? I picked them up on a whim the other day and have been sprinkling them on everything… while also eating them by the handful.
- 3 TBS Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter & Garlic Flavors
- 1 large broccoli floret
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 medium-large sweet potato (enough for two people)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a medium baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray with oil; set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, place the 3 tablespoons of Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter & Garlic Flavors in bowl and microwave for about 10 seconds, or until melted.
- Roast the broccoli: chop broccoli into even sized pieces and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle on minced garlic, about 1.5 tablespoons of the coconut oil and finish with salt & pepper to taste. Roast broccoli for about 20-25 minutes, until browned.
- While the broccoli is roasting, make the sweet potato noodles: peel skin off of sweet potato then cut off ends, making the ends as flat as you can. Place in your spiralizer and use the "spaghetti noodle" setting (the "C" blade on the Inspiralizer) and crank the handle to make noodles.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, place remaining coconut oil in skillet. Allow skillet to warm before adding sweet potato noodles. Once noodles are added, allow them to cook over medium-high heat about 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently until soft. Sprinkle with salt (or garlic salt) to taste. Cover and wait for broccoli to finish roasting.
- Once broccoli is done, divide sweet potato noodles and broccoli evenly between two bowls. Garnish with pomegranate seeds if you'd like – trust me it's pretty good! Enjoy!
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!
Tag @fitmittenkitchen and hashtag #fitmittenkitchen
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS I USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.