- 4 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups freeze dried bananas*
- 1 TBS coconut oil or ghee
- 1 vanilla bean pod**, beans scraped out
- Preheat oven to 325F and place raw cashews on a large baking sheet. Spread evenly in one layer, drizzle on oil and toast for 8-10 minutes. Let cashews cool on pan for 15 minutes.
- Place slightly cooled cashews in bowl of food processor and cover with lid. Process until cashews break down into tiny pieces. Scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add in freeze dried bananas and continue processing until almost smooth. At this time the mix may ball up, just continue processing until it smooths out. Time will depend on food processor and bowl capacity.
- Once the mixture has smoothed out, add in oil (or ghee) and vanilla bean. Process again until desired consistency is reached. The longer you process, the smoother and drippier the butter will be.
- Transfer Vanilla Bean Cashew Butter to 16oz jar with lid. Or divide into smaller jars. Store at room temperature, or fridge for longer period of time.
- Enjoy on toast, banana bread, in cookies, or maybe even straight by the spoonful…
*You can try dried bananas here but it will change the consistency of the butter slightly. I would think it would make it a little stickier. You can also try banana chips but I assume this will also change the consistency. You can find freeze dried banana chips at Trader Joe’s, or Amazon. **To open the vanilla bean use sharp knife to make a slice down length of bean pod, then use knife or spoon to gently scrape and remove beans. Recipe inspired by Bakerita and Abby’s Better Nut Butters
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 1mg