These Triple Chocolate Avocado Muffins are going to be your new healthy favorite! These muffins only have 6 grams of fat, plus 4 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber to help keep you satisfied.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium avocado, mashed (1/2 – 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or dry sweetened of choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate cashew or almond milk (or your choice of non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a muffin pan. Set aside
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, cacao (or cocoa) powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until combined and no lumps of coconut flour or cacao powder are present. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add mashed avocado, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold in dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients, add in milk and gently stir until everything is combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Using large cookie scoop, evenly disperse batter into greased muffin pan, about 2/3 of the way full. You should get about 12 muffins.
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes. Check middle of muffins with toothpick. Muffins will be done when the toothpick comes out with little to no crumbs.
*I used muffins liners, but some of the muffins got stuck in the liners. I HIGHLY recommend greasing a muffin pan, or if you’re using a silicone pan, I would grease that as well just to be sure your muffins come out entirely.
-Store muffins in airtight container in fridge up to 5 days fresh.
- Category: muffins
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Triple chocolate avocado muffins, healthy chocolate avocado muffins