- 1/2 TBS ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced, about 1 cup
- 10 ounce package snow peas (or sugar snap peas)
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced lacinato kale
- 1 13.5oz canned coconut milk (full-fat is best but lite also works)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 3 TBS red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne, or to taste
- brown rice or quinoa for serving
- cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot on medium heat, add in ghee or coconut oil, minced garlic and diced onion. Stir frequently for about 2 minutes
- Add bell peppers, peas, and sliced kale; stir until mixed then gently pour in canned coconut milk and unsweetened almond or cashew milk. Then add curry paste, turmeric, salt, and cayenne. Gently stir until evenly combined. Allow mixture to come to a simmer on medium-high heat, then simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables have softened.
- While pot is simmering make rice (or quinoa), according to package instructions.
- Transfer rice into serving bowls. Use large serving spoon to serve red curry into bowls, garnish with cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Feel free to add cooked tofu to this recipe as well. Make sure the tofu is cooked first, then stir in during the last 5 minutes of simmering.
Full-fat coconut milk will yield the best creamy texture for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/4th without rice
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 1mg