Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
These Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos are a great vegetarian, vegan friendly dinner. Works well when meal prepping, and the sweet potato black bean filling can be used in everything from tacos to salads to burrito bowls.
- Author: Ashley
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning, divided
- dash of salt
items for tacos
- favorite taco shells
- sliced avocado
- pico de gallo
- cheese (vegan friendly if needed)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line medium baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease with oil.
- Prepare sweet potatoes: Add diced sweet potatoes to greased baking sheet, drizzle on oil, add 1 tsp taco seasoning, a dash of salt, toss to mix and bake for about 20 minutes at 400ºF, or until potatoes of soft.
- Prepare onions and black beans: In medium skillet over medium heat, add oil, onions and garlic; stir frequently until onions are translucent and garlic fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in rinsed black beans, sprinkle on some taco seasoning (I used about 1/2 teaspoon) and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cover while the sweet potatoes finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, gather the rest of your taco ingredients to serve with, such as taco shells, sliced avocado, salsa or pico de gallo, cheese and lettuce.
- Once everything is done, assemble tacos and enjoy!
Keywords: sweet potato tacos, black bean tacos, healthy tacos