- 4 cups medium cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted (or sub avocado, olive, etc.)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 TBSP tamari or soy sauce (coconut aminos for paleo)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 scallion, light green part, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake the cauliflower: place cauliflower florets and oil in large bag; shake until evenly coated. Add tapioca flour to bag and shake again. Transfer florets to baking sheet; bake for 30 minutes until florets begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: place vinegar, maple syrup (or honey or agave), ketchup, tamari (soy sauce or coconut aminos), garlic, ginger and onion powder in small pot over medium-high heat. Whisk mixture for 3 minutes until smooth. Bring the sauce to a simmer and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce has thickened.
- Place the baked cauliflower in a bowl and toss with sweet and sour sauce. Top with scallions and sesame seeds and dig in!
Use paleo-friendly coconut aminos and ketchup as needed.