This Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Spinach Egg White Wrap is like your favorite coffee shop version, made at home! Vegetarian, gluten-free friendly.
- oil for sautéing
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- 2 wraps
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled (or cheese of choice)
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 TBS garlic
- In a small-medium frying pan over low-medium heat, add about 1-2 teaspoons of oil in pan (I like avocado oil) with spinach. Cover with lid and allow spinach to wilt – about 2-3 minutes – stirring as needed. Remove spinach from pan and transfer to plate.
- In same pan, add in another teaspoon of oil and AllWhites egg whites. Allow egg whites to cook on one side over medium heat before flipping to the other side.
- While the egg whites are cooking make the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto: combine all ingredients in blender, pulse until ingredients have broken down and form a paste. Set aside.
- Once the egg whites have cooked fully, remove pan from heat.
- Assemble the wraps: lay out wraps and spread on 1-2 tablespoons of the pests. Evenly divide the sautéed spinach between the two wraps. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup feta for each wrap. Evenly divide the egg whites between the two wraps. Gently fold up wrap starting with ends then rolling closed.
- Serve wraps immediately, or option to return to pan and grill seam side down until slightly crisp. Enjoy!