- 1 cup rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup greek or skyr yogurt (dairy or plant-based)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Add all ingredients to large bowl; stir well to combine.
- Cover with lid and place in fridge, for at least 4 hours, or overnight. NOTE: You can also divide mixture into 2 jars before refrigerating.
- Enjoy the next morning with your favorite additional toppings. Personally I love adding cashew or almond butter!
If you’d like to use steel cut oats, you only need 1/2 cup, and the rest of the measurements the same. You’ll also need to refrigerate for longer, at least 6 hours or overnight. Using steel cut will give the oats a chewier texture. Personally, I love them this way!
Feel free to double the recipe for 4 servings.
Overnight oats can be stored in sealed containers in fridge; best enjoyed within 3 days.