- 1lb organic boneless, skinless chicken breast, fat trimmed and tenderized.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5oz fresh salad greens (pick your favorite)
- About 16 large strawberries, hulled and sliced (or quartered)
- 4oz feta, crumbled (or sub goat cheese)
- ½ cup crushed walnuts (or sub pumpkin seeds)
- 2 TBSP hemp hearts (optional)
- Dried blueberries (optional)
- The BEST Balsamic Almond Butter Dressing [ vegan, paleo, Whole30 option ]
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Place chicken breast in shallow bowl or dish; pour dressing mixture over, cover and transfer to the fridge for 20-30 minutes to marinate.
- Place oiled grill pan or cast-iron skillet on stovetop and heat to medium. (Or use an outdoor grill.) Add marinated chicken, cooking on one side about 4-5 minutes, before flipping and cooking for another 4-5 minutes. Continue cooking chicken until internal temperature has reached 165ºF. Remove chicken from pan and place on a tray to rest for 5 minutes. Slice chicken breast into about ¼” strips.
- To assemble the salad: Place salad greens in a bowl, sliced strawberries, and chicken. Add crumbled feta (about 2 TBSP per dish), crushed walnuts, and hemp hearts and dried blueberries (if using). Serve with my favorite almond butter balsamic dressing.
Substitute the walnuts with your favorite nut or seed!
Omit the cheese for a vegan and dairy-free friendly recipe.