For the bowls
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 tsp adobo seasoning (or a southwest flavor seasoning)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- cilantro for garnish
Honey Lime Dressing
- 2 TBS canned coconut milk*
- 1 TBS water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime, about 3 TBS
- 1 TBS raw honey (or agave if strictly vegan)
- 1/8 tsp salt, or more to taste
- COOK QUINOA: Rinse quinoa in fine mesh strainer and place in small pot of water with 1 1/2 cups of water. Allow pot to come to a boil, add in your seasoning and simmer for about 15 minutes, until quinoa is tender and water has mostly gone.
- COOK SWEET POTATOES: While the quinoa is cooking, cook your chopped sweet potato and onion in medium pan with olive oil. Add salt and pepper, or more seasoning if you wish. Cook on medium heat until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- MAKE DRESSING: In a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients
- ASSEMBLE BOWLS: Distribute quinoa, potatoes and onions, black beans, bell pepper, and sliced avocado in bowls. Dress with honey lime dressing and garnish with cilantro if you wish, enjoy!
*can sub plain greek yogurt for coconut milk if not dairy-free. Feel free to double ingredients for full-sized family meal! Store any leftover ingredients in airtight container in fridge up to 5 days.
Nutrition does not include dressing.
Honey Lime Dressing= 80 calories, 3 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbs, 9 grams of sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 727mg
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 13g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 58
- Fiber: 15
- Protein: 13
- Cholesterol: 0mg