- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, tenderized and fat trimmed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Pepper Jack Sliced Cheese
- wraps, sandwich buns or salad greens
- 4 cups rice (if making burrito bowls)
- 4 medium ripe avocados, pitted and fleshed
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- Prepare chicken: Turn grill to medium-high or use oiled cast iron skillet on stovetop. Pound out chicken breast so it’s flat and even – removing extra fat if needed. Sprinkle with spices and salt on both sides. Cook chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature has reached 165ºF. Transfer chicken to a plate and top with cheese slices while warm.
- Make loaded guacamole: In a large bowl, mash avocado until chunky. Add in black beans, corn, diced tomato, onion, cilantro, minced garlic; stir gently once or twice then add lime juice and salt, stirring again until combined.
- Assemble wraps, sandwiches, salads or burrito bowls as desired – enjoy!
- Category: entree
- Method: grill or stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex