for the pineapple BBQ pork:
- 1.5 lbs pork loin (can sub another cut but I prefer the leaner cut)
- 2 cups Paleo BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice (can also sub water)
for the lettuce wraps:
- 2 stalks romaine lettuce, leaves removed. Can also use bib lettuce
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 large avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 medium pineapple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
1. In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, add pork loin and pineapple juice. Cover pork with about 1 cup of the Paleo BBQ Sauce, reserving the rest for later. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours. flipping pork over half way through if possible.
2. Once the pork has fully cooked, carefully drain most of the liquid from the slow cooker–you can leave about 1/2 cup or so.
3. Shred the pork with two forks, then add in the remaining cup of Paleo BBQ Sauce. Stir together.
4. Prepare the lettuce wraps: lay out the lettuce leaves and fill with about 1/4 cup of pork. Add on carrots, cabbage, avocado, and pineapple. Garnish with green onions and maybe some paleo ranch dressing, if you wish. Enjoy!
This recipe is great for meal prep and makes awesome leftovers. You can even prepare cauliflower rice to make a bowl meal out of it too.