- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (chopped, then measured)
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1/2 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Toast walnuts: Preheat oven to 325ºF. Place walnuts on baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes. Transfer walnuts to heat-safe bowl; set aside.
- Shred brussels sprouts: Use slicer attachment on food processor to shred brussels sprouts thinly. Alternatively you can slice thinly with knife or mandoline slicer.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, garlic powder and salt. Set aside
- Place shredded brussels sprouts in medium-large bowl with toasted walnuts and cranberries. Pour in dressing and toss with tongs to coat. Add in parmesan cheese (if using) and toss again.
- Transfer brussels sprouts salad to serving dish. Enjoy!
Recipe can be easily double if serving a larger crowd.
You can prepare salad ingredients and dressing separately 1-2 days beforehand. Toss salad with dressing before serving.